Maverick Memo for Families
Week of August 8th
Message from Principal Lawson
We are only a few days away from officially welcoming our Mavericks back to school! I wanted to share one more newsletter with you for housekeeping purposes. Take some time to read the various reminders and important tidbits below.
Prior to Wednesday, ensure you take some time to complete all of the Back to School forms in Skyward. Here you will be able to check medical updates, phone number, contact info for emergency contacts and pay ipad dues/insurance fees (4th and 5th grade students only).
Mrs. Burleson and I will be available tomorrow to answer and general questions you all may have regarding the beginning of the year. We just want to ensure everyone is ready for the first day back. If you'd like to join, please complete the form below.
Again, we are excited to welcome everyone back! As we transition, please remember that our Maverick family has grown quite a bit since last spring. We will be welcoming more families which means everyone will need to exercise patience and grace as we interact with one another during arrival and dismissal and as we ensure all students have everything needed for a successful school year!
Together we will put Memorial on the map!
Stephanie N. Lawson, Principal
Meet the Teacher Information
There will be several photo opportunities around the building, so make sure you stop and take a pic or two before leaving!
Please use the main entrance to the building.
Arrival and Dismissal
All Arrival and Dismissal Routes Information
Read this document for all arrival and dismissal information HERE
General Guidelines -
Students may not enter the building until 7:15 AM each day. Anyone arriving prior to will need to remain outside until that time.
All car riders will need to be dropped off in front of the building following the directions of the staff on duty.
CAR RIDER PICK UP:
- begins at 3:00 and ends around 3:15 for PK
- begins at 3:25 and ends around 3:45 for grades K-5
Anyone picking up your child in the car line MUST have a car tag. Car tags will be given out at Meet the Teacher night on August 8th.
After 3:45, you will need to park your car, ring the doorbell and present your ID to sign out your student. The only people that are allowed sign out your child after school must be in Skyward and listed as someone who can pick up your child.
More detailed instructions to come, but it will help to start discussing with your family now how your children will get to and from school.
Transportation Form: How will your child get home?
This helps us establish our first day rosters and communication with their teachers.
Remember: These written changes are only accepted from parent/guardian listed in skyward, an emergency contact is not able to make this request.
You may contact us, in writing, in any of the following ways:
By emailing email@example.com. Please also include your child’s teacher in the email. Teacher emails can be found on the Memorial Website under the “Grade Level” tab. Emails must be sent before 2:00 p.m.
In person by filling out the “Transportation Change Request Form” HERE before 2:00 p.m.
By sending a note in your child’s folder addressed to his/her teacher the morning of the change.
First Week of School Information
The information in bold print has been updated:
- The first day of school is Wednesday, August 10th.
- Only the parents of PreK and Kindergarten students will be able to walk their child to class on the first day of school only. After that, parents will not be able to walk their child to class. This is an expectation of all LISD elementary schools.
- All students in grades 1-5 will walk in with staff support if needed.
- All families are welcomed to attend Meet the Teacher to ensure parents and students meet their child's new teacher.
- Doors open at 7:15 a.m.
- School starts at 7:45 a.m. and ends at 3:25 p.m.
Hi! This is Nurse Terri; the school nurse at Memorial Elementary. I have a few items I need your help with:
- Please go online and fill out your child's Health information/ Health Card as soon as you can so I can be aware of any health issues that your child may have.
- If you have received an email about missing immunizations, please provide an updated shot record before Wednesday morning. If you need a suggestion of where you can go to receive the immunizations, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- I will be available to receive medications on Monday night at Meet the Teacher night if you would like to come by with your medications at that time. Please make sure the medication is in the original container with a label with your child's name on it and the medication must be in date. Please email with any questions.
Please feel free to call or email me with any questions ! Looking forward to seeing all my sweet Mavericks and meeting all our new Mavericks.
Thank you so much!!
Memorial PTA Updates
Membership for the 2022-23 School Year
$10 membership fee helps support PTA efforts at Memorial
Pre-Order 2022 Spirit Wear
Order ahead and skip the lines at Meet the Teacher
EPI School Supplies
Haven't shopped for school supplies just yet - Let the PTA take care of it for you! Reserve a pack for your student today - Limited Quantities Available
2022-2023 School Supply Lists
Grade Level Orientations
We do not want our Mavericks at school if they do not feel well, so please make sure they bring a note when they return back to campus.
Mrs. Burleson will be in charge of K-5th attendance this year. If you have any questions you can always reach out to her at email@example.com
Check out more attendance information here: https://bit.ly/MESAttendance22
Breakfast and Lunch Updates for 22-23
Breakfast and lunch will not be offered free for all students. Please make sure to complete the Free/ Reduced Lunch form for your benefits. There will be no grace period this year, so any student who purchases lunch on the first day will receive a balance if they do not have money on their account.
- Breakfast: $1.35
- Lunch: $2.85
iPad Information for Parents
- August 8th: Meet the Teacher
- August 10th: First Day of School
- August 12th: Our first spirit day is THIS FRIDAY! Wear your Mavs shirt or blue/yellow
- September 6th: Lunch Visitors may begin - Remember we have 5 spaces / grade level
More dates to come!