C & I Update
Together is Better 10.11.17
30 Years of Outdoor Education Celebration
To honor superior academic achievement, graduation ceremonies shall include recognition of valedictorian(s) and salutatorians(s). Valedictorian(s) and salutatorian(s) shall be selected based on established criteria and procedures that use multiple measures of academic performance.
Valedictorian and Salutatorian Criteria
In effect beginning August, 2016:
1. The student with the most grade points, weighted, shall be declared the Valedictorian. The student with the second most grade points shall be declared the Salutatorian. This determination shall be after the 8th semester. Each course only counts once. Only English, Social Studies, Science, Math, and World Language courses count towards grade points.
2. Grade points for regular classes are as follows: A=4, B=3, C=2. Grades for advanced placement classes are weighted as follows: A=5, B=4, C=3. Grades of D and F will not earn grade points.
3. Weighting for advanced placement grades will only be applied to on-site courses offered in the school (i.e. no online courses or off campus courses will be weighted).
4. The student must be enrolled the entire senior year in the high school to be eligible for these awards.
5. Only courses taken during the regular school year count toward this honor (i.e. no summer school).
6. Transfer students must take the same course requirements as all other Plumas County graduates.
7. In the event of a tie, the students will share the honor.
In addition to the Valedictorian/Salutatorian honor, students will be recognized based on a tiered honor system based on total GPA for grades 9-12:
Gold: 4.1 and above
Silver: 3.9 -4.09
Measure B Furniture Update
Kathy Whitaker- Kindergarten
Jefferson Dolan- 6th grade
Nicki Rodriguez- 2nd grade
Camile Klimek- 6th grade
Tenaya Kooyman- 3rd grade
Lisa Balbiani- 7th-12th
Suzanne Stirling 7th-9th
Aaron Hardesty- 7th-9th
New CHS Teacher- Dana Ludington
On Saturday, Dana successfully competed in the Grinduro, a bike ride/race starting in Quincy over Mount Hough to Genesee and Taylorsville and then back over the mountain to Quincy. Dana was one of 800 bike riders from the U.S., Europe, and Australia who climbed 8,200 feet over 60 miles on dirt, gravel, and asphalt roads as well as winding single track trails. I took this picture of her at the water and food aid station 50 miles into the race.
Very cool Dana! #WorkWhereYouPlay
Do you remember BTSA later known as ATE? PUSD has partnered with UC Riverside to offer our teachers a new Induction program called CTI - Center for Teacher Innovation. IC Susan facilitates the online Induction program where 14 of our teachers along with their coaches delve more deeply into sound instructional practices. Being an Induction Coach is a rewarding leadership experience especially because it gives coaches an opportunity to grow in their own teaching practice. If you are interested in being a future Induction Coach or in learning more about this new program, please contact Susan.
Change to Media Specialist Position
We will be analyzing the needs of our county and district to make the best use of this position moving forward. In the meantime, please use the online textbook request form to request instructional materials.
Once again, thank you Drew for being a part of PUSD/PCOE!
Another great Eureka Math resource:
10/12/2017 Math Vertical Team Meeting
10/13/2017 Electives Vertical Team Meeting
10/17/2017 ELA Vertical Team Meeting
10/18/2017 Community Cafe - Chester
10/19/2017 Social Studies Vertical Team
10/20/2017 TK/K Collaboration
10/23/2017 PBIS Facilitated Work Day, Tier II Teams meet on site
10/24/2017 PBIS Tier I- IVES, GHS, CES, CHS, QHS
10/25/2017 1st/2nd Collaboration
10/25/2017 ILT Workshop
10/26/2017 3rd/4th Collaboration
10/27/2017 5th/6th Collaboration
11/1/2017 Community Cafe - Portola
11/8/2017 Board Meeting
11/13/2017 1:1 Cohort 2 Training Day
11/13/2017 Community Cafe - Quincy
11/28/2017 ILT Workshop
12/13/2017 Board Meeting
Curriculum and Instructional Services
Assistant Superintendent, Instructional Services
@kristymwarren on Twitter
@PlumasUSD on Twitter