Week of 10/13/19
Greetings Longhorn Nation!
- We need 100% of our scholars to have a lunch application on file. Please complete the application today! Click the link to get started: https://childnutrition.chisd.net/
Why complete the application? Those who qualify are eligible for SAT/ACT fee waivers and potential college application fee waivers
- It is imperative that scholars arrive at school on time each day. Doors to the building open at 7:45 AM. The tardy bell rings at 8:15 AM. Scholars who are persistently late will receive consequences.
- Help us help your scholar in the standard of dress. Slides are not allowed to be worn at school. If your scholar is caught wearing them during the day. The slides will be confiscated and can only be picked up by a parent. Identification badges must be worn and visible each day. Tights are never appropriate to wear to school. Dresses and skirts must be the appropriate length from the knee ( Top of a Horizontal ID from the Knee). Students that are not compliant will be placed in ISS each day.
PSAT Testing, October 16th
This Wednesday, October 16, beginning 1st period, we will administer the PSAT to all ECA 9th grade scholars and all sophomores. The PSAT focuses on information already learned throughout high school, provides an opportunity for scholars to practice for the SAT, highlights areas of improvement, and qualifies scholars for various scholarship programs.
Scholars are asked to:
- be on time,
- bring their calculator (If they do not have one, we will provide one.),
- adhere to all instructions including placing all electronic devices including cell phones, smart watches, bluetooths, iPads, tablets, etc. in the designated area.
Finally, scholars may not bring snacks for testing. Scholars are allowed to bring water; however, the water must be in a clear container.
On Tuesday, sophomores will participate in the PSAT Pre Administration. Please make sure your scholar knows their current home address, email address, and phone number.
If you have any questions, please contact Ms. Holmes, our Testing Coordinator, at Camille.Holmes@chisd.net, or 469-272-2000 ext. 7227.
Parent Classroom Visitation Request
- Requests shall be submitted to the campus principal a minimum of 48 hours in advance to properly have administrative supervision.
- All visitors to the school must conduct themselves so as not to interfere with the daily operation of the school program.
- Visitors should not interact with the staff during instruction,
- Visitors should not attempt to interact with students during the observation
- Visitors should not cause a distraction or disruption to the educational process.
- If the visit is deemed a distraction by either the teacher or principal, the visitor will be asked to end the observation.
- No children or additional gues will be allowed to attend
- Observations will be limited to 30 minutes
Have a Concern at CHHS?
We are often in classes offering support to teachers. We ask that you avoid showing up to the campus unannounced requesting meetings. We will often be unavailable. Please take the time to schedule a meeting with the appropriate individual, following the step below, and we will be happy to address any concerns you may have.
Step One: Contact the teacher/coach/or director and have a meeting/phone conference
Step Two: Contact the Grade Level Assistant Principal/Dean (all issues or grades) or Counselor (schedules/ mental health/academic advisement)
Step Three: Contact the Principal (if a school-wide concern, this becomes step one)
A Parent Must Have!!!
Family Access is a web-based service that allows parents/guardians to view school-related information on their students. Information available includes:
- General student demographic information
- Discipline records
- Health records
The information in Family Access is 'real time' based on data in the District's Skyward Student Information Management System. However, remember that grades are 'fluid' and change daily/weekly as the teachers add assignments and grades to the system.
Family Access is secured by a unique username and password for each user to assure security and privacy.
Forgot Your Login or Password:
If you have forgotten your username or password you can click the Forgot Password Link on the Family Access homepage, contact your student’s home campus office, or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Disruptions on Campus
Selling of Snacks and/or Food by Students
If a scholar is caught selling items, everything will be confiscated and discarded at their expense.
If it is found that a person intentionally created or used counterfeit money to purchase goods in the United States, the crime can be punishable by up to $15,000 (or in very significant cases, more) or 15 years in prison.
Social Media Safety
Social media can be a phenomenal source of communication, however, it also has the potential to be detrimental. Please speak with your scholar about the dangers of social media. Incidents from social media spill over to the school or home without the parent or administrators knowing about anything until it happens.
Know what your kids are doing and help us be able stop to issues that start via social media!
We are extremely excited that your scholar may have late early out! Please keep in mind, that if your student has early out they are to be off-campus. We want to ensure the safety of every student, and when students are on campus with no teacher of record to supervise them, then it becomes tough! If students are unable to get off-campus in the appropriate time, their early out privilege will be revoked and we will assign them a class to attend.
All students have received a 2019-2020 school ID
The ID is expected to be worn around the neck daily
In the event that they forget the ID, a temporary can be purchased for $1.00
If the scholar does not have a dollar, they can leave their phone as collateral and pay the dollar at the end of the day.
If they need to replace their ID the cost is $5.00
- The form can be picked up in the SRO office at CHHS
- The student must have a valid Drivers License and proof of insurance.
- The parking decal cost $25
- Consequences for not having a parking pass will be tickets and potentially receiving a boot on the vehicle.
Bow Tie Tuesday
We are starting BOW TIE TUESDAY at Cedar Hill HS. The concept of Bow Tie Tuesday was originally created in an effort to inspire school spirit, increase morale and build team spirit among staff and students. Wear your bow tie every Tuesday! Encourage your scholar to wear them…. Let's build the Cedar Hill community together.
CHHS PTA News
CHHS PTSA News
Greetings Longhorn Family,
THANK YOU to everyone who came out to support the Chipotle Fundraiser and Theater Production, "Legally Blonde"!!! Your contributions make a big difference.
Please mark your calendars as we have a number of exciting events planned for the coming months. Our calendar of events are as follows:
- October 15 to December 19 – Funds2Orgs Shoe Drive (please note date change)
- January 24 – In and Out Burger Food Truck
- February 29 – Talent Show
- April 11 – 2nd Annual Spring Fling Dance (9th-12th grade invited)
- May 8 – Teacher Appreciation Social
***CONGRATULATIONS TO OUR SEPTEMBER GIFT CARD WINNERS***
Student PTSA Member - Nicholas Falls
Faculty PTSA Member - Ms. Kenitha Carey
**IMPORTANT REMINDERS** Our next general PTSA meeting is scheduled for Wednesday, October 16 at 6:30, CHHS cafeteria (please drive around to door #11). The agenda is attached for your reference. Volunteer sign-up sheets will be available for those of you who would like to serve on a committee.
Spirit t-shirts that were pre-ordered will be available for pickup this Friday, October 11 during lunch and/or in the front office.
Follow us on Twitter (@CHLonghornsPTSA) and Like Us on Facebook (@CedarHillHSPTSA). This is another way to stay connected. If you have any questions, please let us know at email@example.com.
Best personal regards,
CHHS/NGC PTSA Executive Board
Tiffany Ingram, President
Teresa Clark-Muhammad, Vice President
Savanah Henley, Treasurer
Saundra Jones, Secretary
Melody Bradley, Parliamentarian
CHHS/NGC PTSA Committee Chairs
Adrian Jenkins, Membership
Bershatta Major, Fundraising
Ida Gent, Hospitality
Veronica Hutchings, Social Media
Tauncia Franklin, Parent Volunteer Committee (PVC) 2021
Michelle Brightmon, Parent Volunteer Committee (PVC) 2022
"We are Longhorn Proud! Thank you for your continued support."
Principal Advisory Committee
Students will need to commit to being a member of the Principal’s Advisory Council for one year and will meet monthly. Some of the responsibilities of the PAC members should include monthly problem-solving sessions around community issues, opportunities to hear from guest speakers, action meetings to tackle school-specific topics, and participation in school-wide events held throughout the year.
Students should check their email this week for the link to apply!
Grambling College Visit
Thanks for coming !
University of Texas
Thanks for coming!
Refunds and Credits from 18-19 Payment:
The receipt books have been submitted to the business office and they are compiling a list of those who received refunds last school year. Once the list is completed we will begin to process returns or allocations towards this year's fees. Thanks for your patience.
Food Deliveries to Campus
Cedar Hill High School is a closed campus and will not allow food deliveries via UberEats, DoorDash,GrubHub, etc. Students who violate this policy, will be subject to consequences and their food WILL NOT be delivered. Food Deliveries are only allowed by parents, guardians, or someone listed on the emergency contact list for the student and must be received in the main office before the assigned lunch period. Lunch will not be extended because a students was waiting on food.
We welcome parents to come and eat with their scholar. Please email the appropriate grade level administrator 24 hours prior to wanting to visit.
Longhorn Stadium Policy
The district's guidelines for Longhorn Stadium are as follows:
- All middle school-aged children must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
- All visiting teams and fans should enter on Somerset Road to access visitors parking lot.
- Ticket sales will end at 9:25 p.m. and the stadium gates close at 9:30 p.m.
- To ensure your safety at Longhorn Stadium, bags or purses are not allowed inside the stadium.
- Clear totes, plastic storage bags and small clutches are allowed inside the stadium.
- All Students must have their school-issued ID. Showing your Skyward account will not work!
Yearbook Sales, Senior Ads, Picture Retakes, Senior Picture Retakes, and more
All CHISD students need to complete the Lunch Application! The district has a goal of 100% of our parents complete the application. If you have not completed the application, please do so.
E-Cigarettes, Vapes, and Juul's are a nationwide problem. Cedar Hill HS , would like to provide you some informational resources so that you are in the know of the dangers that E-Cigarettes pose.
Scholars are expected to be in compliance each day. Please review the dress code with your child.
arrive 5-7 minutes early to his or her route If you have questions or concerns email Letiticia Brown at firstname.lastname@example.org or Evonne Stewart at email@example.com. You can also call 972-293-8531.
New Counseling Assignments for 2019-2020
Lead Academic Counselor
Last Name A-Ed
(469) 272-2000 Ext. 7023
Last Name Eg-Ka
(469) 272-2000 Ext. 702
Last Name Ke-Rod
(469) 272-2000 Extension 7170
Last Name Rog-Z
(469) 272-2000 Extension 724
CHHS Administrative Staff
12th Grade Students
11th grade Students
10th Grade Students and General HS 9th Grade Students
Contact for Dual Credit and Advanced Placement
Dean of Instruction
Volleyball vs Grand Praire
Tuesday, Oct. 15th, 5:30pm
301 J Elmer Weaver Freeway
Cedar Hill, TX
JV Football vs Lakeridge
Thursday, Oct. 17th, 5:30pm
1 Longhorn Boulevard
Cedar Hill, TX
Varsity Football vs Lakeridge
Friday, Oct. 18th, 7:30pm
3700 East Broad Street
ECA All Pro Dad Breakfasts
Friday, Nov. 1st, 7:30-8am
1 Longhorn Boulevard
Cedar Hill, TX
This breakfast will be for all ECA dads, mentors, and father-like individuals.
RSVPs are enabled for this event.