Team work makes the dream work! Thank you to students and caregivers for working alongside CCPS since January to drive down chronic absenteeism. Take a look at your/our collective results (see chart below)! As of April 28th, our students have shown vast improvement in attendance resulting in all schools reaching Level 2 status! A big thanks and congratulations to our CCPS school community for making attendance a priority.
With the weather warming, spring fever hitting, and only 18 days of school left, let's be sure to maintain focus on being in school every day! With continued effort and focus all CCPS schools will meet the chronic absenteeism accreditation mark! Thanks you and be well!
Sarah Calveric, Ph.D.
K-12 Learning Recovery Grants for Eligible Families
The grant program is open to parents of any public, private, parochial or home-school student in grades K-12 residing in Virginia. The first step in the process is to visit VDOE’s K-12 Learning Acceleration Grants page and create an application account for either a $1,500 or $3,000 grant.
Tutoring may be in-person, virtual or hybrid, and in one-on-one, small group or large-group settings. Tutors and educational service providers are encouraged to register as vendors in the K-12 Learning Acceleration Grants.
CCPS CTE SUMMER CAMP (FREE)
Clean Up Caroline
Litter in Caroline impacts everyone and CCPS schools are promoting advocacy and awareness in several ways:
- Fourth and fifth graders created posters about litter in conjunction with Earth Day that will be used in CCPS Facebook posts this week
- CHS Mass Media students have created PSAs about the importance of not littering and maintaining a clean community
- Fourth graders are also creating public service announcements (PSAs) as part of their project based assessments
- Fourth and fifth graders are also participating in Meaningful Watershed Experiences where they learn how litter and other pollutants impact our water quality
- On May 5, Kindergarten through third grade students will be doing a school grounds and classroom clean up and will participate in activities that focus on recycling
Let's clean up Caroline together. If you cannot attend the event on May 6, consider picking up litter in your neighborhood or on your street. #OneCaroline
School Board Highlights
Take a look at the April School Board Meeting highlights:
- Special Division Recognition: Dr. Sarah Calveric, Superintendent was named the 2023 Region III Superintendent of the Year by the Virginia Association of School Superintendents in Virginia.
- Plaque Dedication: Board of Supervisors and School Board members from 2014 & 2016, were introduced during the plaque dedication for MES and CHS building renovations.
- Recognitions: Assistant Principal Appreciation, 3rd Quarter Above and Beyond The Call of Duty, Supt. Art Student of the Month, SEAC Rocket Awards, CMS & CHS FFA Winners, CHS DECA, Forensics, and JROTC Raiders.
- New Business: 2023-2024 Head Start Self Assessment, Community Assessment, and HS Grant, Head Start Transportation Waiver, IDEA Annual Plan, and Teachers for Tomorrow.
- Information from School Division on CMS HVAC project, School-Based Therapist, & Core Value of the Month.
- Approval of Student Fees, VSBA Policy Updates, Perkins Grant, and Signage for the Sansberry Harvey Track and Field Facility at Caroline Stadium.
The School Board would like to thank our citizens that attend, advocate, and speak during public comment. For more information on these topics, you can access the Boarddocs link or view the meeting at our CCPS YouTube Channel.
Current Job Openings
Caroline County Public Schools is currently hiring for the 2023-2024 school year for the current positions:
Elementary School Assistant Principal
Elementary School Teachers
High School Art
High School Math
Middle School Math
Reading Specialists (Elementary)
School Counselors (BGES, MES, and CHS)
Special Education Teachers (All levels)
Are you looking for part time employment? Caroline County Public Schools is currently training school bus drivers for the 2023-2024. Why drive? We offer:
- Paid CDL Training
- Health Benefits
- The ability to bring your kids to work
- Nights and weekends off
- School Holidays and weekends off
- Sign on & referral bonus opportunities
- Additional hours available for athletics, field trips and summer school
Applicants must have a valid VA Driver's license and must be 21 years old.
Interested candidates should apply online at:
Questions can be emailed to: email@example.com or you can contact our H.R. Department by phone at: 804-633-5088.
Partner in Education Spotlight- Green Top Sporting Goods
Green Top Sporting Goods donated 30 market bags (reusable shopping bags) for our upcoming end-of-year New Teacher Academy celebration on May 3. We are so appreciative of their generosity and support of our new teachers.
We love our Partners in Education!
If you are interested in being a Partner in Education, click HERE.
COMMUNITY RESOURCE CORNER
Local Food Pantries
If you or someone you know is looking for local food pantries, you can use this Pantry Locater Map: https://fredfood.org/Pantry-Locator-Map.
There is also an app: https://fredfood.org/Pantry-Locator-App
National Mental Health Month
May 2: Senior Walks
May 5: School Lunch Hero Day
May 6: CCPS Showdown at Dominion Raceway
May 1-5: School Nutrition Employee Appreciation Week
May 8: School Board Meeting (5:30 at CMS)
May 9: Board of Supervisor Meeting
May 8-12: Teacher Appreciation Week
May 10: Partners in Education Breakfast
May 10: Senior Awards (6:00)
May 10: National School Nurse Day
May 18: National Speech Language Pathologist Day
May 19: BGES 5th Grade Promotion
May 21: CHS Baccalaureate
May 22: LCES 5th Grade Promotion
May 23: MESS 5th Grade promotion
May 23: CHS Graduation
May 24: CMS 8th Grade Promotion (A-J)
May 25: CMS 8th Grade Promotion (K-Z)
May 25: Last Day of School
May 26: Work Day
May 29: Memorial Day