Best of 2015 and Jump Into 2016
By: Genna Zeswitz
Companies Withe the Best Marketing and Why
Why? Their commercials mix both heartbreaking music and sad animal pictures to be the ultimate tear-jerker ads, which can quickly make people want to donate money or go out and adopt a new life-long furry friend.
2) Nike: Just Do It.
The slogan, "Just do it," was short, sweet, endearing, and easily remembered. It's what really made Nike boom. Nike used to be exclusive to marathon runners and is now an over 9.2 billion dollar franchise that is bought by all different types of consumers. Mixing an endearing slogan with new ads showing star athletes wearing new Nike equipment piqued the interest in many people, too, encouraging younger athletes to buy Nike equipment.
3) Dove: Real Beauty.
This ad was visually awe inspiring. It encouraged women to feel better about their skin and body, and while promoting the use of Dove products, was also telling women that they're all beautiful and your body, skin color, and age do not define the beauty you hold. It was very empowering for women and is an amazing ad at reaching out to the female portion of their demographics.
Best and Worst of 2015?
1) iPhone 6s Rose Gold. This product is booming with sales for the apple industry. It's new, it's sleek, and it's pink. It's the perfect color for girls, is updated from the 6, and can be easily carried around, rather than the 6 plus.
2) E-Cigarettes. These cigarettes are used to help people get over their nicotine addiction. It's meant to help cigarette users get over their deadly addiction- a much needed product in my opinion.
1) The hoverboard. This product not only doesn't hover (like the name suggests) but is being abused by rowdy teens. It's been hyped, and the hype now has it being driven around on roads and streets like it's a car, which can be potentially dangerous to the rider of this hover board. It's incredibly popular, being ridden by ages as young as seven to celebrities past their late 20's.
2) Vape pens. The down graded version of smoking. Used by people as a new for of smoking, these vape pens are highly popular among teens and adults up to about 30. It is, in my opinion, one of the most stupid things to be invented. They may not be as bad as your average cigarette or mary jane, but it's still not good for you and is easily acquired by young teens who want to become cooler. Since there aren't as many laws against it or a strict age limit it's become increasingly popular to teenagers.
Top Two Movies of 2015?
Jurassic World is the sequel to the original, Jurassic Park, a hit dinosaur movie, which came out June 12, 2015. Jurassic World had impressive CGI and very good actors, one including Chris Pratt. The commercials were amazing, showing off the thrilling new dinosaurs that would star in the movies which intrigued old Jurassic Park fans and anyone who's never watched or heard of Jurassic Park.
2) Star Wars: The Force Awakens
A new Star Wars movie taking place 20 years after Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith, is a thrilling movie that can quench the undying star wars love for all fans. I don't know about commercials, but just the fact that it was said to be coming out December 18, 2015 was enough to get everyone buzzing with excitement. The new Star Wars became an immediate hit and is very popular.
Top Two Musical Artists
And top selling album "25"
Adele marketed hers well by coming out the cut suddenly after a few years of not making any new music.
2) Justin Bieber with his amazing album "Purpose"
Promoted his music on twitter and Tv
Top 10 List of 2015
My Top 5:
1) Justin Bieber's new album "Purpose"
2) Jurassic World
3) New MacBook Pro
4) iPhone 6s Rose gold
5) Justin Bieber low key flaming 5 seconds of summer when they came after him, talking about him to a reporter and on twitter, where Justin put them in their place in an amazing and embarrassing way
My 2016 New Year's Resolution
My resolution for my family and friends is that I better get along with sharing clothing with my younger sister and go on more college trips with my mom or dad. For friends I plan on going on more summer road trip vacations.
For school and the outside world, I plan to finish this year strong in my full IB course, with mainly A's and B's, get to all conference team 1 for High Schools soccer, do more soccer ID camps, get no more injuries, and work on strengthening my hurt ankle so I come back in Spring season stronger then ever.