The Official Newsletter of Combs High School
February 9, 2019
To view this news letter in it's intended format, please open in your browser
GO COYOTES !!!!!
MEET MR. WOOD
The constant question on his mind paired with a burning curiosity: how does the world work and how do people function, why things are the way they are and how they become this way. A burning curiosity to learn more about anything and everything, and to see the details of life around him.
COMBS WRESTLING named Section Champions
145 lb. Section Champion
Jaden Gardoni- 106 lb.
Shawn McDougal- 113 lb.
Michael Davenport- 126 lb.
Corbin Nelson- 145 lb.
Dalton Kenosky- 152 lb.
Jon Taunima- 170 lb.
Devin Montgomery- 220 lb.
Taniela Taunima- 285 lb.
170 lb. Section Champion
Cole Evans signs with the Coyotes (Prairie Wolves)
This has been a great week and we want to thank our students, coworkers, administration, and parents for their sweet gestures and kind words as we celebrated National School Counselor week. We love what we do!
Juniors had the opportunity to visit the Elevate For Tomorrow (E4T) conference and got some great insights and information that can help them as they navigate their path forward, and plan their futures. EVIT Registration continues as we prepare for our day with their representatives...don't forget, applications must be in by February 20! If you need an application or have questions, be sure to contact your counselor. There is still time to register and pay for the ACT which will be administered on February 20. Students have until February 15 to sign up and pay their fee. CAC will be on campus to administer the ACCUPLACER on March 21, and students need to sign up no later than February 27, and then need to register with CAC to be able to test. If students have any questions on what tests are happening and when, they can visit with their counselor for further details.
- FEB 8 - Sand VOLLEYBALL Parent Meeting, sand court 5:00 PM
- - DODGEBALL TOURNAMENT, GYM 5:00 PM
- FEB 11 - Blood Drive, gym 8:30 AM-1:00 PM
- - Boys VOLLEYBALL Parent Meeting, Library 5:00 PM
- - Girls SOCCER Banquet, Cafeteria 6:00 PM
- FEB 12 - SOFTBALL Parent Meeting, Softball Field 5:00 PM
- - Boys BASKETBALL Banquet, Cafeteria 6:00 PM
- FEB 13 - Senior Meeting, CPAC 9:00 AM
- - TRACK Parent Meeting, Stadium Bleachers 5:00 PM
- - WRESTLING Banquet, Cafeteria 6:00 PM
- FEB 14 - Girls TENNIS Parent Meeting, Tennis Court 5:00 PM
- - Girls BASKETBALL Banquet, Cafeteria 6:00 PM
- FEB 15 - Boys TENNIS Parent Meeting, Tennis Court 5:00 PM
- - JV/Game Day CHEER Banquet, Cafeteria 6:30 PM
- - Mr. CHS, CPAC 6-8pm
- February 20: ACT test for Juniors...there is still room!
- February 21: EVIT Representatives on campus to register students for EVIT programs
- February 21: Parent University (Anxiety and Depression)
- March 9: SAT test at CHS
- March 19: College and Career Fair, 5-7pm
- March 21: ACCUPLACER test administered by CAC
- March 26: ASVAB test for Seniors
WRESTLING @ STATE
Thursday, Feb. 7th, 11am to Friday, Feb. 8th, 8pm
Prescott Valley, AZ
Varsity BASEBALL vs. Tempe (scrimmage)
Friday, Feb. 15th, 3:30pm
2505 East Germann Road
San Tan Valley, AZ
Continuous Notice of Nondiscrimation
The J.O. Combs Unified School District does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability or age in its programs or activities and provides equal access to the Boy Scouts and other designated youth groups. Inquiries may be directed to the Title IX Coordinator or the Section 504/ADA Title II Coordinator at 301 E. Combs Rd., San Tan Valley, AZ 85140 or (480) 987-5300.
El Distrito Escolar Unificado de J.O. Combs no discrimina basada por la raza, el color, el origen nacional, el sexo, la discapacidad o la edad de una persona en sus programas o actividades y proporciona igual acceso a los Boy Scouts y otros grupos juveniles designados. Las consultas pueden dirigirse al coordinador del Título IX o al coordinador del Título II de la Sección 504 / ADA en 301 E. Combs Rd., San Tan Valley, AZ 85140 o (480) 987-5300.