Lewisville High School Theatre
Thank You For Supporting LHS Fine Arts
Booster Club Meeting This Thursday!!
Come to the booster club meeting this Thursday, April 6, 2023
We have a lot to talk about! The year is almost over.
All parents with a student in the upcoming Spring Show must attend. We have details to discuss about the show so we need our parents to attend.
We will also discuss the Theatre Banquet planned for May 21, 2023. We need lots of help and coordination to make this event amazing for our students who worked so hard this year.
Also very important - many of our Booster Board will leave this year since their students are graduating so we need you all to consider stepping into a new role.
Consider a Role on the Booster Board!
Every parent wonders can I take this on? What do I have to do? Is this right for me?
You will be surprised how easy it is to be on the Board and how fun it will be to be helping and supporting something your student loves! It also doesn't take as much time as you might think.
For the Board nominations, the key roles to fill include:
- Duties include
- (1) Preside over meetings
- (2) Coordinate the work of the Board and appointed committees.
- (3) Call meetings.
- (4) Coordinate with Theatre Directors, LHS principal or other school or school district official as designated.
- (5) Submit all financial and budget documents to the LISD accounting office as required by the district.
- Ben Ehrenberg is our current President and will train the incoming president
- Vice President
- Duties include
- (1) Assist the President in operations of the Club.
- (2) Lead meetings of the Board or meetings of the Club in the absence of the President.
- (3) Serve as a liaison between the President and any Standing Committee, ensuring that timely reports from each Standing Committee are received by the President.
- Tonya Cauduro is our current Vice President and will train the incoming vice president
As well as multiple volunteer/coordinator roles including:
- Membership - help increase our booster members and volunteers to support our students
- Fundraising - schedule and plan events and fundraisers for students to participate in throughout the year. We cannot produce shows without this income. LISD does not provide the budget to cover show costs. This person can create a team to brainstorm and coordinate fundraisers
- Volunteer/Meal coordination - using SignUp Genius, this person would communicate with booster members and parents to share volunteer opportunities and needs for shows and events. They would manage and update the list of members and their contact information so everyone is in the loop. This person is coordinating with others and making sure all the needs are handled by our awesome volunteers to make sure enough people are signed up and everything is running smooth.
More details will be available on Thursday.
Please consider volunteering or nominating for these roles! It's an incredible opportunity to work closely with the Theatre group in bringing all of next year's performances to life.
Our plays can't happen without these roles being filled and other parents supporting these roles. Thank you for considering and come to the meeting with any questions you have!
Remember Lord of the Flies Public Performance is coming soon!
Tickets are FREE but we are requesting Donations!
The performances will be Sunday April 16 and Monday April 17, 2023 at 7 pm. Don't miss this show that participated in 3 levels of UIL competition. It won Zone, District and moved on to compete in Bi-District receiving the Alternate award. Come see a classic brought to life in one act and see our students perform like they never have before!!
We are requesting generous donations at the door but admission is free to all who want to attend. We can only provide award winning plays through the financial help of the community so please support the Arts and our students! A full audience is every actors dream!