Daring greatly in faith, academics, and service since 1960.
Ready to Learn. No Matter What.
Be sure to:
1) Read the Safety Plan (this is a document that will keep changing to support local/state policies).
2) Attend Town Hall on Thursday at 5:30PM to discuss, clarify, and ask questions. RSVP below.
3) Read Enrollment Options. Pray with your family on what is best for you. Complete enrollment verification survey AND school supply survey purchase below by JULY 24. This will help us get adequate supplies to support all learners.
4) Order your school uniform (Flynn O'Hara is open in-person and online).
Uniforms will be optional for PreK3, PreK4, and virtual ** families. 15% this WEEK (Flynn O'Hara NEVER does a % off so take advantage!!)
2) RSVP: School Town Hall-- Questions and Discussion on Safety Plan and Enrollment Options
Thursday, July 16th, 5:30-7pm
This is an online event.
Dial-in from wherever you are--even if it's the SMCS parking lot and you're waiting for your 2nd grader to complete their first confession!
We will record. You can email in your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org prior if you cannot attend.
RSVPs are enabled for this event.
3) Choose your Enrollment Option BY JULY 24
Choose your learning need. Must Commit to for at least 1 Quarter (may switch at the end of each quarter).
- Virtual (as needed for PK to 8th) available (i.e. student tests positive, sickness at home, etc).
- Full regular tuition rate with Tech provided as needed.
- Uniform optional for PreK3, PreK4 and Kinder (may still purchased and will be required in following year)
- Mass uniform required for assigned Mass day for K to 8th. Mass uniform or Flynn O'Hara Polos required on non-mass days with Flynn O'Hara Jumper, Skirt OR with any black Knee Length Bermuda shorts or black, non-form fitting (i.e. yoga pants, skinny jeans) slacks.
2) Entirely Virtual (PreK3 to 8th)
- 2nd to 8th grade: Online self-paced curriculum with an assigned teacher (most likely NOT grade level homeroom).
- PreK to 1st must meet with Principal on Zoom to discuss early childhood logistics/developmental appropriateness
- MUST live stream ELA, MATH, and Religion Class at the scheduled time.
- May attend after school extracurriculars or Mass.
- Full Tuition Cost PLUS tech returnable deposit AND rental fee if using a school device. Can apply rental and deposit to purchase the device or return in good condition to receive the deposit back.
- Uniform not required.
3) PREK and KINDER ENRICHMENT PROGRAM
- A pilot program with PreK and Kinder online curriculum.
- Recommended for PreK families that cannot commit to full time online AND want to learn basic skills while being part of our community (Kinder families will have to interview with principal to determine if it is a good fit).
- Not full curriculum, lower cost.
- Entirely online
- Includes 2, 30 min online interactive sessions daily (either live-streamed from class or done by a virtual teacher) for $75/month
- May include weekly one-on-one or small group tutoring, Mass, and curriculum workbooks for an additional cost ($285 for the year)
- Uniform not required.
4) Buy your uniforms!
- NEW---OPTIONAL for PreK3, PreK4, Kinder (must follow free dress guidelines). Will go back to required NEXT school year.
- 1st to 8th Grade: Uniform required, details on what to buy below.
- NEW: ALL, may purchase black KNEE LENGTH BERMUDA shorts or black slacks (must not be form-fitting or denim like skinny jeans) at a vendor of choice.
UNIFORM IN COMPLIANCE BY SEPTEMBER 1st
- We understand shopping is difficult right now.
- You have until September 1 to budget for and settle into your uniform. If you need an extension, let me know.
- You can purchase online or in-store.
- You can shop our gently used store at school by appointment (great prices!!). Call 210-658-6701 to set up a time!
Uniform Cheat Sheet
5) Opt into buying School Supplies with SMCS: $65 Bulk Purchase/student or Buy on Own
In survey above, opt into bulk buying
- Catholic Student Planner from SMCS (required for 3rd to 8th grade), $3.95
- St. Mary's Press Youth Bible for 5th grade (recommended for any NEW 6th-8th grade students), $29.98 if purchased on own, $25 if purchased through SMCS.
- Testing compliant headphones with mic, AVID, $11.95