Band Notes Week 5
September 13-17, 2021
Week 5 Highlights
MONDAY 9/13 Sneak Peak Event!
- 5:15- meet at the Staley Band hall for popsicles and a short intro to HS marching band
- 5:30 to 6:30- we will be across the street at Kuykendall Stadium. We will sit together and have a chance to watch Mr. Nitsch and the Memorial High School band rehearse their 2021 halftime show 'Checkmate'
- 6:30- students should be picked up by the stadium loading gate found at the East side of the stadium (the parking lot between the stadium and the natatorium).
- Rehearsal runs until 9, and students are welcome to stay longer only if a parent is present.
- 6:45 all students should be picked up or with their parent in the stadium.
For more details visit www.staleyband.org/sneakpeak
Start Of Year Paperwork
We will be sending reminders and another copy of the missing paperwork and forms later this week. Please return the forms and payment asap. If you need to work out an alternate payment schedule or struggle with payment please let Mr. Wood know directly at email@example.com
- Form 1- Band Fee (LINK)
- Form 2- Band Uniform (LINK)
- Form 3- BPA Membership (LINK)
- Band Handbook (LINK)
- Band Handbook Acknowledgment Form (LINK)
- Form 4- Instrument Usage
Scholarships To take advantage of reduced band fees we will need families to fill out the FISD Free and Reduced Lunch Application found at THIS LINK.
STALEY JAZZ ORCHESTRA (SJO!)
CLICK HERE to see the welcome letter that was sent via eschool to 3rd and 4th period.
Private Lessons? Let us know!
Everyone should have received an email about private lessons last week. If you did not get an email from Mrs. Webb and are interested in lessons please email her at firstname.lastname@example.org. Our teachers are setting up their schedules and most are teaching at multiple schools. Lessons are a huge benefit for our students and we strongly encourage all families to consider enrolling your child if possible!
Honor & Symphonic Band Sectionals
(7th and 8th Graders ONLY- beginning band please skip this section)
Some of our students are having a hard time remembering when their sectional time is. Please note that this is one of the very few ways your child can fail our class. We do not want band to cause any student to become ineligible for athletics or other opportunities this year! Please encourage your student to continue to come to sectionals and make up any time they have missed.
Morning sectionals take place from 7:25-8:15 and after school sectionals take place from 3:55-4:40. Click here to view sectional schedule.
Director Contact Info
Mr. Chad Wood- Director of Bands: email@example.com
- Symphonic Band (3rd period)
- Beginning Trumpet, Horn, Trombone, Euphonium & Tuba
- Any general questions about band, private lessons, or financial aid
Andi Webb- Assistant Director: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Honor Band (4th period)
- Beginning Flute, Oboe, Bassoon, Clarinet, and Saxophone
- Any instrument, materials, or repair questions
Mr. Stephen Seymour- Percussion Director: email@example.com
- Honor and Symphonic Band Percussion specific questions
- Beginning Percussion class
- Supplies, rentals, and percussion private lesson questions