Justin Bieber's Resilience
By: Brooke McClain
The Rise Before the Fall
- Justin Bieber's Debut album, My World, hit the stores in November of 2009.
- “His album My World matched that success, selling more than 137,000 copies within a week of hitting stores."
- He was just 15 when he released his album.
- His single, One Time, went certified platinum shortly after its release.
- Justin had star Ludacris in his first album to help begin a fan base.
- Less than a year after its release, his album made the Billboard Top 10 list.
- Justin quickly became the youngest pop star to release an album that reached the top of the Billboard Top 10 list.
- His second album, My World 2.0, came out shortly after his first and it had a huge success as well ("Justin Bieber Biography").
- Justin Bieber got arrested for the following charges: drunk driving, resisting arrest, and driving without a valid license.
- The police caught him racing a Lamborghini early in the morning.
“The arrest report describes Bieber as having a ‘flushed face, bloodshot eyes, and the odor of alcohol on his breath.’”
He resisted arrest by not obeying the police officers commands.
He also chose to use some choice words with the officers.
He consumed alcohol as well as prescription medicine and marijuana (Duke).
His Big Comeback
He released a song with Skrillex and Duplo that slowly grew on the radio then stumbled into a comeback hit.
“Hits cure everything. [Bieber] has played this round pretty masterfully. I just hope that he can stay out of his own way.”
“Bieber had stumbled into a comeback hit.”
Justin had some of his friends, Ariana Grande, Ellen, and Shaq, help with his big comeback.
- He did suffer through public growing pains along the way.
- At first he apologized on Ellen but after he hosted his own roast where he got lovingly lambasted in front of thousands of people (Lipshutz).