Family Newsletter-December 11, 2020
We have one more week before our Winter Break begins. We hope that your family is healthy and safe through this winter season. We are in the middle of Quarter 2, heading toward the second half of our first Semester which ends on Jan. 28th. I encourage you to sit down with your children at least weekly to check in on their work in Google Classroom. Have them show you what they are doing in Google Classroom. Are they turning in their work? Is the work they are turning in complete? Did the teacher give them feedback or corrections to make? It's good to keep tabs on their progress by exploring their Google Classroom and by checking ParentVue. If you have any questions about their work, please reach out to their teacher. Thank you, as always, for the collaborative effort you are making with us for your children.
Mrs. Gina McLain
Important Dates to Remember
- Mon., Dec. 21st- Fri., Jan. 1st: No School--Winter Break
- Mon., Jan. 4th: School resumes
- Mon., Jan. 4th: Booster Club Mtg. 7:00-8:30. Click here for more info.
- Mon., Jan. 18th: No School--Martin Luther King Jr. Day
- Thurs., Jan. 28th: End of Semester 1
- Fri., Jan. 29th: No School--Teacher Grade Prep Day
- Mon. Feb. 1st: No School--Teacher Prep Day
View the HSD 2020-21 Calendar HERE
- Freckle Math issues: I want to apologize for any issues your child is experiencing with our Freckle Math program. The parent company Renaissance completed an update and sync with the Freckle system which caused some errors. They are trying to restore any data that was lost, but at this time I can't guarantee they will be able to. Thank you for your patience and understanding through this challenge.
- Support a Family in Need this Holiday Season--Many of the organizations that typically support families through the holidays have run out of funds and supplies. If you would like to make a donation to support students and families in need, or if you’d like to sponsor an entire family for the holidays, please fill out this form indicating the type of support you can provide. Donations of new or freshly washed coats, gloves, blankets, hats, and socks are desperately needed; as are food, gift cards to grocery stores, and more. Thank you in advance for any help you can provide. For more information, please contact Family and Community Engagement Liaison Dora Lopez at email@example.com or 971-205-2411.
- Requesting needs for the holidays--please fill out the HSD Form to Request Resources if you are in need of food, clothing, or other necessities.
- Attendance Line--if your student is absent or going to be absent, please call our attendance line at 503-844-1363 and leave a voicemail explaining their absence. Thank you!
- Attention Lenox Families who are essential workers--Are you interested in connecting with other Lenox families who are also essential workers to share information, resources and challenges while supporting your child/children in CDL and the eventual in-person/hybrid option? If yes to all of the above, click here.
Support for Elementary School Parents
Please see flyers below for upcoming parent group opportunities through Western Psych and Counseling Services. Western Psych also has prepared Risk Assessments sheets for parents to use. Their goal is to help parents determine whether a student may need more support. Please reach out to Western Psych if you have concerns. HSD's point of contact is Sylwia Quick, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Safe Routes to School Scavenger Hunt and Raffle
Tualatin Valley Fire & Rescue Home Escape Plan Contest
Lenox Booster Club--Earn $$ for Lenox Students
Fred Meyer Rewards--Did you know you can link your Fred Meyer card to our school and earn us money without any change to your personal rewards? Click this link and use non-profit code FI014 to get your card connected.
Amazon Smile--If you are a regular shopper on Amazon, please consider linking your Amazon Smile account to Lenox Booster Club by clicking this link. Your purchases will help Booster Club earn funds to bring to Lenox classrooms and events!
Spirit Wear is now available for purchase online only through our website. Some sizes are limited. To purchase spirit wear go to: "shop" tab on our website.
Lenox Swag Tags are now available too! These fun trinkets are multi-use! Add them to a backpack, decorate on a tree, add it to a spirit wear gift, place in a scrapbook or on a notebook ... the possibilities are endless! Only $3 each. To purchase Lenox tags go to: "shop" tab on our website.
Make sure to sign up for an account on the website to receive all Booster related information.