Venezuela

Ruby Rivera World Geography 11-09-14

Visiting Venezula

Why should you go to Venezula?

Their are many types of combinations of trips human, physical, cultural, recreational and educative experiences.Venezuela is located at the Northernmost tip of South America, covering an area of 916,445 km 2, approximately the size of the province of Ontario in Canada, or twice the size of California. You can find about any kind of environment in Venezuela, from idyllic beaches and mangroves on the Caribbean coast to dense jungle in the Amazons and the Coastal Range, sand dunes in the Coro Peninsula, mystic tepuis in the Gran Sabana, plains and permanent glaciers in Merida state.

Venezuela's religion

According to government estimates, 92 percent of the population is Roman Catholic, and the remaining 8 percent Protestant, a member of another religion, oratheist. The Venezuelan Evangelical Council estimates that evangelical Protestants constitute 10 percent of the population


Most of the people believe in the Religion Roman Catholic.

Languages in Venezuela

About 40 languages are spoken in Venezuela. However, Spanish, the country's official language, is the most common. The most widely spoken indigenous languages are Wayuu, Warao, Piaroa, Yanomami, Kahlihna, Manduhuaca, Panaré, Pemón, Guahibo and Nhengtu. Most of these languages originated in the languages of the Caribs, the Arawaks and the Chibcha.


The way you say hello in Spanish "hola".

Big image

Ethnic Groups

Spanish, Italian, Portuguese, Arab, German, African, indigenous people.

Customs and Traditions

Festivals/Holidays


Festivals in Venezuela bring color and fun to the country and lets the Venezuelans enjoy their culture and heritage. Festivals of Venezuela are celebrated in a grand way by the Venezuelans with high spirit. The country is well decorated and lit up. People spend their holidays during the Festival in Venezuela, with their family and friends. Important Venezuelan Festivals
  • The Procession of the Holy Shepherdess
  • Carnival in Venezuela
  • La Paradura del Nino
  • Drumming Feast of St. John
  • May Cross Celebrations
Festivals in Venezuela, which are completely based on the tradition of the Venezuelans, are enjoyed even in the present day. Festival Venezuela attracts a great number of tourists from all over the world.


They celebrate a lot of holiday such as New years Eve, New year, some saints days, Christmas, Holy week Easter and many more.

Music and Dance of Venezuela

The music of Venezuela originated after the country won its independence from the Spaniards. The music of Venezuela was the product of intermingling of the African, Spanish and native music. Gaita is one of the important traditional music of the country which is mainly performed during the festival seasons. Joropo is the national dance of Venezuela. Salsa is one of the most popular dance forms in this country. Folk music of Venezuela also forms an important part of Venezuela Culture.

Food of Venezuela

Food staples include corn, rice, plantain, yams, beans and several meats. Potatoes, tomatoes, onions, eggplants, squashes and zucchini are also common sides in the Venezuelan diet.

Economy

They do agriculture, industries, and services. They export oil, and work the lands.they also have services such as transportation. More than half of Venezuela's labor force is incorporated into the service sector of the economy, while less than 40 percent of the population is dedicated either to agricultural or industrial production. Venezuela has quite a diversified industrial sector, largely due to its reinvestment of oil resources. The first type of industry are the oil refineries and petrochemical plants themselves.

Celebrations


July 5

The Independence of Venezuela

Signing of the Venezuelan Declaration of Independence marking the birth of the first independent nation of South America, also Armed Forces Day.

October 12

Day of Indigenous Resistance Previously, in Venezuela the holiday was called Día de la Raza, commemorating the arrival of Christopher Columbus to the Americas. Now honors the heroes of the anti-Spanish resistance of the indigenous peoples of Venezuela.

July 25

Aniversario del fundacion del Caracas City Foundation Day

Honors the 1567 foundation of the national capital

Venezuela Travel Video