News from the Nest
January 22, 2021
OPEN BOARD POSITIONS FOR 2021-2022
-VP of Communications
If you are interested in running or have any questions about any of these positions, please email Meg Dick at firstname.lastname@example.org. Elections will be held during our March meeting. Thank you for your consideration!
WANTED: SPRING FUNDRAISING CHAIR(S)
WANTED - Cafeteria/Playground Aides
- Mondays and Thursdays, 10:30 to 1:45
- Wednesdays and Fridays, 10:30 to 1:45
This is a great opportunity to get some extra work within the school, and these positions are vital for having outdoor recess for the kids.
Please contact the main office at 215-721-0606 if you are interested in this position! Thank you!
Yearbook Pictures Needed
SAOA Families: Do you have any photos of the recent Dance Party? Or Self Care Breaks? Please submit photos of your child engaged in school activities from home! **Please remember that photos should be of students only - no selfies with parents or other family members**
Please send any photos (for both In-Person and SAOA students) to Vernfieldyb@gmail.com.
**Please be sure to include your child's name and teacher with the photo, and choose the best photos instead of sending many of the same activity.**
Look for info coming soon about submitting baby photos and messages for 5th Graders!
In Case You Missed It
STUDENT DEVICE TECHNICAL SUPPORT:
Before submitting a support request, please follow the three (3) steps below:
- Restart your device (power off and power back on).
- Check that your device is not in airplane mode.
- Check that the wireless connection is enabled.
Please see the Instructional Technology Learning Hub for more details and support topics.
Save the Date!
-- Feb. 8 -- Virtual HSA Meeting, 7-8 PM
-- Feb. 12 -- School is *in session* due to snow day on Dec. 17
-- Feb. 15 -- NO SCHOOL - President's Day Holiday
-- Feb. 23 -- SAOA K,1,2 and siblings Red Bag Exchange, 1:00 PM -2:30 PM
-- Feb. 24 -- SAOA 3,4,5 Red Bag Exchange, 1:00 PM -2:30 PM
-- Feb. 24 -- Basta Pasta Mid-Week Break Fundraiser
-- Feb. 26 -- Retake Picture Day
-- Mar. 20 -- SAVE THE DATE: Clothing/Household Item Drive - Stay tuned for details!
***SACE WINTER CLASSES***
REGISTER NOW for Winter/Spring Evening Classes with Souderton Area Community Education (SACE)! Look through the Winter/Spring 2021 Brochure and register online! Or, watch for a brochure in the mail. Be sure to register early, as many classes fill quickly. Hope we’ll see you in 2021!
Easy Ways to Help Fundraise!
Please consider helping to raise funds for Home & School using the following:
- Amazon Smile: earn money for VF while shopping on Amazon! Go to smile.amazon.com/about for instructions.
- Box Tops Bonus App: Download the Box Tops Bonus App for your phone or tablet! Find offers, buy products, scan your receipt and earn even MORE box tops for Vernfield!
- Box Tops for Education: clip the 'Box Tops for Education' from participating boxes and labels! Please HOLD ON TO THESE at home until we begin collecting them at school. We will NOT be collecting physical Box Tops at this time.
- ShopRite for My School: earn Box Tops for VF while shopping at ShopRite! Register your PricePlus club card at: https://www.shopriteformyschool.com/en/Register-my-Card.
- Coca Cola Give: Sign up at https://us.coca-cola.com/give/schools/ then just scan your product or enter your product code and watch the funds grow
- Giant A+ Rewards: ***Unfortunately, the Giant Rewards program has been discontinued.***