Week at a Glance
What a great day! The sun is out, the boys are behaving, and I am able to open some windows to get some fresh air. I'd have to admit I'm a little distracted by having the patio door cracked open while I work at the kitchen table, but I just love to have fresh air coming in throughout the house. The boys love it too since they can hear the birds chirrping better than when the patio door is shut. It's fun to watch them "chase" the birds.
I'm really looking forward to tonight! I am going to cook dinner out on the grill since it is so nice outside today. Yeah! First grilled dinner of the season. Pure bliss. :-)
- 7:30 a.m.--grade level collaboration
- 3:45 p.m.--discussions committee meeting @ ENCO
- Assess/collaborate on data
- 8:00 a.m.--case conference--Sheri
- 2:50-3:30 p.m.--PD session (question generation) & HAGT discussion
- 3:30-8:30 p.m.--band fittings @ SSES (5th graders)
- mClass & IRI testing begins
- Success data due to Karen
- 7:30 a.m.--case conference--Sheri, Janelle, & Karen
- 2:45 p.m.--case conference--Sheri, Raihanne, Deb, & Karen
- 3:30 p.m.--kindergarten report card meeting @ ENCO
- 6:00 p.m.--school board meeting at bus garage
- 6:30 p.m.--PAC meeting
- Hungry Howie's pizza night
- 7:30 a.m.--staff meeting
- 8:30 a.m.--K-3 awards
- 9:15 a.m.--gr. 4-6 awards
- 2:45 p.m.--gr. 3 data meeting
- 2:50 p.m.--RTI meeting
- 2:40-3:30 p.m.--Music Makers practice
- 2:40-3:30 p.m.--Game Club K-2
- 3:15 p.m.--FLS/preK data meeting
- 7:30 a.m.--gr. 1 data meeting
- 9:30 a.m.--gr. 4 data meeting
- 10:00 a.m.--gr. 5 data meeting
- 1:30 p.m.--kindergarten data meeting
- 2:00 p.m.--gr. 6 data meeting
- 2:50 p.m.--gr. 2 data meeting
- 3:30 p.m.--weekly notes from spec. ed. dept. due
- 7:05 p.m.--TinCaps game!
- CARNIVAL: The school carnival will be on Friday, April 25 from 5:30-7:30 p.m. If you are able to help run a game, please sign up by Tuesday so that PAC members can finalize their plans.
- ALTERNATE SPECIALS ON THURSDAY: Erexson goes to art right after awards program.; 4-M goes to music at 8:30 a.m. and 2-B goes to music at 10:00 a.m.
- TUESDAY'S PD: At discussed before we will be talking about question generation at our PD session on Tuesday. Please bring some sort of text material that you will be using in the next couple of weeks to the session as there will be time for you to actually write questions to use in your upcoming lessons. At the end of the PD session we will talk about forming classes for next year and the HAGT clusters. I know several of you have questions about that knowing that all the cluster students will be in one class.
- STAFF MEETING: Our staff meeting this week will be a follow up to the email I sent last week regarding a few items we need to discuss including procedures for dealing with inappropriate materials on student computers and fundraising for the park department. We will also talk about end of the day procedures and some issues that have come up. Please bring your questions and ideas. :-)
- TINCAPS TICKETS: I am planning on sending home the TinCaps tickets on Tuesday. A note will go home on Monday letting parents know. That way if they want to pick up the tickets themselves, they can do so.
- MATERNITY LEAVES: I would like to extend a warm welcome to Pam Hoose who will be teaching for Colby while she is gone on maternity leave and to Laura Cripe who will be teaching for Megan while she is gone as well. Colby's last day will be Tuesday and Megan is planning to work this entire week. We'll see what the babies decide for them, however. :-)
Below are links to some items that you will need for Tuesday's professional development session. :-)