The 6 Traits of Writing
The topic sentence and conclusion sentence must be green for go!
The big idea is going to be yellow :D
You will need at least 2 or 3 and they will be pink or red.
- Use specific nouns and verbs
- Use exciting words
- Use a thesaurus
- Speak an engaging way so the reader wants more
- Show rather than tell!
- Combine short, choppy sentences into bigger, smoother ones
- Use a variety of sentence lengths and beginnings.
- Use simple compound sentences
- Use evaluation sheet for reviewing
- Edit using COPS!
The writing process
Ideas for your paraghraph
After you've gotten the draft done you will need to check any mistakes you may have made while writing it.
Ok, so when you have your edited draft you will need to start making another draft but with all of your revisions.
Publish / turn in
Then the final step would be to either publish the thing you wrote or hand it in to a teacher. :D
Core topic sentences
Tell me mores
Finally, we have the conclusion sentence. What this does is just closing the paragraph by almost repeating the topic sentence but altering it a little so that it doesn't say the same thing.