Depth of Knowledge (DOK)
DOK: A Four Act Play
K-12 Teachers, Academic Coaches, and Administrators...Step Right up to the Box Office!
This is your opportunity to become a star as you learn to direct your students through the four levels of Norman Webb's Depth of Knowledge (DOK). Participation in this course will empower you to write a classroom script that includes an understanding of the four DOK levels, their value in planning and assessment, and techniques to increase cognitive rigor for students. Reserve your spot before this casting call closes!
Registration Details: Become a Member of the Cast!
Course Format (Synopsis)
This course will be delivered entirely online and will consist of the following elements:
- Facilitator-created video messages.
- Free downloadable readings.
- Links to handouts, video clips, and other resources.
- Online discussion forums. Opportunity to apply the materials and explore the thinking of others in the course.
- Three Blackboard Collaborate synchronous sessions.
- Brief quizzes to assess comprehension of major points.
- Video viewing protocols.
Upon successful completion of the course requirements, participants will earn 2 PLUs. Below is a sample schedule to help you anticipate the amount of time required for this course. Access to course requirements will begin on January 12, 2015.
- Playbill: (3 hours) January 12 - 26*
- Act I: (4 hours) January 27 - February 10
- Act II (4 hours) February 11 - 24*
- Act III (4 hours) February 25 - March 3
- Act IV (3 hours) March 7 - 17
- Finale: (2 hours) March 18 - 31*
*A Blackboard Collaborate synchronous session will be held during this module.