March 21st - 25th
What is going on at Weller?
- Bus Evacuation Drill @ 10:00
- Coding Club 3:50-4:50
- Appy Hour 4:30-6:00 @ Glendale High School
- Explore! Day (see classroom visit schedule below)
- Staff Meeting: Brainstorm for Block Party Literacy/Math Activities--Please have read the John Erickson book your grade level is reading for this meeting.
- Facility Master Plan Weller Building Assessment @ 1:00 (There may be people in classrooms to determine our building needs.)
- Dr. D out of building at Leadership External Site Visit: Riverview Gardens School District in St. Louis
- ELL Tutoring @ 3:45-4:45
- k/1 Ballet @ 3:50-4:30
- Weller P.R.I.D.E. Celebration @ 9:00
- Weller P.R.I.D.E. Store
- Happy Easter! Enjoy time with family!
- Monday (3-28) Last day to order yearbook
- Tuesday (3-29) MAP Training after school for teachers/paras involved in MAP testing
- Friday (4-1) Please have your growth plan completed by April 1st. I will schedule meetings with each of you the following week.
Our ABC Teacher & Staff - Crystal and Sonya!!!
Dr. D's Gotta Know It...
Each day on my drive to Weller I think of how thankful I am to work with such a great team. This week I saw leprechaun catchers Hannah's kindergartner's made, I shopped at Shayla's entrepreneur's store, I partied with Crystal and Carma's kids who read every day over spring break, and I was awed by Josh and Nicole's professional development on scaffolding instruction. You put your best on every day for our kids. Thank you.
Here are a few things you should know.
- Please complete the short survey about our new staff devices that was emailed to you.
- Appy Hour is on Monday. It is a high energy, fun event to learn about new technologies.
- Dr. Jungmann requires each SPS leader to visit a school outside of Springfield each year. On Thursday I will visit two high poverty schools in St. Louis which have tremendous teamwork and instruction happening for the learning success of the kids. I'm excited to share my learning with you.
- The Teacher's Appreciation Banquet is a time for laughing and being together. If you want in on the fun, sign-up in our lounge. (There is no cost and no size limit.)
- Jessica submitted artwork from 18 of our Weller artist and it will be displayed at the Springfield Art Museum from now until May 8th! Thanks for representing Weller, Jessica!
- SPS Summer Academy: A June and July Summer Academy will be held to offer training around PBL, adaptive software, tech integration, and more! These will fill up FAST! Sign-up on Employee Self-Serve.
- Please let Robin know if you have a student who is continually tardy or you are concerned about their absences. We'll call parents and send Ed Dorris to the house.
- It's the time of the year when you need to complete your growth plan. Please have this done by April 1st. I'll schedule meetings with each of you to go over your growth plan and, if you are on evaluation cycle, to complete your summative evaluation the week of April 11--15.
- We have 120 Weller kids signed up for Explore! On Tuesday Rebekah Mann and I will be coming to classrooms to talk to kids about Explore! for about 15 minutes. Here is the schedule, please let Rebekah know if this does NOT work for you.
TUESDAY March 22
9:00 AM Squibb
9:15 AM Weinman
10:00 AM Ellis
10:15 AM Sanders
10:30 AM Hughes
10:45 AM Dake
11:15 AM Wahl
11:30 AM Rich
11:45 AM Norrell
12:00 PM Lunch
12:15 PM Lunch
12:30 PM Lunch
12:45 PM Lunch
1:00 PM Lunch
1:15 PM Lunch
1:30 PM Almeida
1:45 PM Bernelis
2:00 PM Graves
2:15 PM Shores
2:30 PM Miller
2:45 PM Barker
3:00 PM Tinney
3:15 PM Morey