Paw Talk: Keys to Excellence
Week of June 6th-June 10th
For our last Haiku discussion of 2015-2016, let's share the engaging, authentic and fun activities you have planned for this week. The more we share and collaborate, the stronger educational leaders and school we become!
This week's Haiku prompt is, "For the last week of school, these are the amazing activities I have planned for my students..." I hope you take a few minutes to add to this great discussion!
It's an End of Year "Taco Man" Luau Lunch!
Friday Morning "Donut Drop"
PTA has graciously agreed to donate the donuts for our parents. Thank you PTA!
So Many Great "Happenings" this Week
Another successful "Volunteer Celebration!"
Thank you 2nd & 3rd grades for your wonderful Volunteer Celebration performances!
End of Year Band Concert! Thank you Mrs. Morse!
Thank you Mrs. Camacho for helping Mrs. Visoso's kiddos become fabulous readers!
STEM activities in action in Mrs. Vasquez's class!
Chuck E. Cheese visits PBIS Friends lunch!
Thank you team for helping make our PBIS Golden Ticket event a great success!
Students loved every second of Water Day!
Kinders having fun at PBIS Water Day!
Birney comes out on top once again with Haiku!
Mrs. Cornejo's class demonstrating their writing skills!
Mrs. Kurzweil's class amazes us with their Haiku Wiki projects!
6th graders are still working hard on their academics. Thank you 6th grade team!
3rd graders enjoyed a fun-filled day with the City of Colton's "Rec on the Road!"
Congratulations GRR model students! Hope you enjoy your new Kindles!
-"Thumbs Up" to Noha, Natalie, and Tamra for all your help making the Volunteer Celebration a true success!
-"Thumbs Up" to Robin, Tamra, Sherry, Fabiola, Griselda, Denise & Ginna for making the PBIS Golden Ticket Water Day event so much fun!
"Thumbs Up" to Mrs. Morse for preparing our students for another great end of year band concert!
-"Thumbs Up" to our 2015-2016 Leadership team for all of their hard work this year & the planning we accomplished on Tuesday!
-"Thumbs Up" to the entire Birney Team for a fabulous 2015-2016 school year! You are all simply amazing!
Week at a Glance
8:00 3rd Grade Best of Bears Assembly
8:00-10:00 OARS Gradebook Training: Swanson, Gonzalez, Visoso @ SDC
9:15 IEP: A. Aboytes-Pre K speech
9:30-12:30 6th grade Bowling Fieldtrip @ Arrowhead Lanes
12:00-2:00 OARS Gradebook Training: Correa, Henry, Camacho, Peters
12:40 AR Quarter 4 Hot Dog & Movie Celebration
2:00: IEP: J. Rodas Garcia-Connolly & Slocum
- 6th Grade Movie Day
- 8:00-3:15 CELDT Training: Baragry, Urquhart, Norberg
- 8:00 4th Grade Best of Bears Assembly
- 8:50 6th Grade Best of Bears Assembly
- 9:30 5th Grade Best of Bears Assembly
- 12:45-1:15 K-3rd Perfect Attendance Party @ Cafeteria
- 1:15-1:45 4th-6th Perfect Attendance Party @ Cafeteria
- "Hawaiin Luau Themed Day"
- Minimum Day
- 6th grade Picnic
- 8:00 Kinder Best of Bears Assembly
- 8:45 2nd Grade Best of Bears Assembly
- 10:00 1st Grade Best of Bears Assembly
- 1:00 End Of Year "Taco Man" Luau Staff Celebration
- 8:00 5th Grade Movie Day @ Cafeteria
- 9:00 6th grade Promotion @ Blacktop
- 10:00-11:15 PBIS Prize Closet
- 1:00 SST meeting:M. Segura-Brower/Pedroza & Slocum
- Last day of school!
- Report Cards sent home!
- 8:00 6th grade vs. Staff Kickball game @ field
- 10:00 Kinder celebrations in classrooms
- 12:20: 6th grade "Farewell Hallway Walk & Celebration"
- Please make sure you refer to your bulletin all week so you don't miss any important information. Updates to any events will always be listed on the white board by the mailboxes.
- Classified & Certificate: Don't forget your OSHA training should be completed before you leave for break.
- Check out the Birney Team Twitter highlights of the week via Storify: https://goo.gl/0y1Wxi
End of Year Checkout
This checklist should be completed and signed before leaving on Friday, June 10th.
Deadlines and Important Dates
- End of Year DRA/BRI assessments to be inputted to our schoolwide reading data Google sheet (https://goo.gl/V7NQCg) by the last day of school.
- Please ensure all DIBELS scores are entered into OARS no later than Monday, 6/6.
- End of Year Staff "Taco Celebration" @ Rm. 3-YUM!
- 6th Grade Promotion: 6/9 @ 9:00 a.m.
- End of Year Checkout List due to Jessica: 6/10 before leaving for break