3rd, 4th, and 5th Grades
Candace Fleming Biography
I have always been a storyteller. Even before I could write my name, I could tell a good tale. And I told them all the time. As a preschooler, I told my neighbors all about my three-legged cat named Spot. In kindergarten, I told my classmates about the ghost that lived in my attic. And in first grade I told my teacher, Miss Harbart, all about my family's trip to Paris, France.
I told such a good story that people always thought I was telling the truth. But I wasn’t. I didn’t have a three-legged cat or a ghost in my attic, and I’d certainly never been to Paris, France. I simply enjoyed telling a good story… and seeing my listener’s reaction.
Activity Choices - Reading or Writing
Candace Fleming Activity Choice 1: Reading & Listening
- Listen to the book, OH NO!
- Complete the Story Problems & Solutions activity. You'll have to make a copy to use.
- Send it to me through the PSL Assignment box below!
Problem & Solution form
Candace Fleming Activity Choice 2: Writing
- Watch the video below to hear about CLAPS.
- Use the CLAPS story board to create your own story. You'll have to make a copy for your use.
- Turn your story board in using the assignment link on PSL.