3 oppsticals facing English settlers
- They didn't under the landscape and agriculture so they had trouble farming so they had low food.(many starved)
- When they first made their voyage to America they did not bring woman which didn't allow them to reproduce.
- They constantly had to fight with American Indians which Was a constant struggle.
5 reasons the civil war started
1.The South believed they had the right to leave the union, just like the American Revolution.
2.the election of Abraham Lincoln he was ending slavery and the south had different views.
3.In 1861, the south attacked Ft. Sumter, SC.
4.Northern states made the south pay higher taxes and tariffs.
5.The south believed that the State( where u lived) should come before the Federal Government,
countrys prosperity in the 1920s
1.the country banded the distribution of alcohol and bootleggers were making a unlimited amount of money because of it.
2.we developed credit cards and they became big so many people used them them to much and got in so much debt they couldn't pay it out.
changeing roles of women in the 1920s
Women were starting to embrace what was called the new era where they were a lot more independent wore more revealing cloths and went to partys.
Long and short term causes of ww2
Ww1 because Germany was angry over the laws restricting them.
Dictators wanted to take over other countries and rule the world such a hitler
How the u.s got involved in the Vietnam war
The credibility gap
Accomplishments of the civil rights movement
2. The Civil Rights Act of 1968 ended discrimination in housing, school segregation, “white only” accommodations.
3. People could not be discriminated against by employers.
4. Mlk used peaceful protest to accomplish these goals.
First 10 amendments
Freedom of religion, speech, and the press; right of petition and assembly
Right to bear arms
Government can not force people to quarter troops in their homes
Protects against unreasonable search and seizure
Rights of people accused of crimes
Right to trial by jury in criminal cases
Right to trial by jury in civil cases
forbids excessive bail and cruel or unusual punishment
People's rights are not limited to those listed in the Constitution
States or people have all powers not denied or given to federal government by the Constitution