Bullying someone is not just hurting someone, it's a crime!
Three Differences between Cyberbullying and Bullying
- Internet based 1. In person
- People say things that they wouldn't say in person. 2.Bully isn't afraid to say anything
- Through social media 3.Physically or Verbally
Effects of Cyberbullying
- Abuse alcohol and other drugs in adolescence and as adults
- Get into fights, vandalize property, and drop out of school
- Engage in early sexual activity
- Have criminal convictions and traffic citations as adults
- Be abusive toward their romantic partners, spouses, or children as adults
Reporting a Cyberbully.
- save messages
Report to a Online Service Provider.
- Visit social media safety centers to learn how to block users and change settings to control who can contact you.
- Report cyberbullying to the social media site so they can take action against users abusing the terms of service
- (http://www.stopbullying.gov/cyberbullying/how-to-report/#Report Cyberbullying to Online Service Providers)
Report to Your Local Law Enforcement
- Threats of violence
- Child pornography or sending sexually explicit messages or photos
- (http://www.stopbullying.gov/cyberbullying/how-to-report/#Report Cyberbullying to Law Enforcement)