Guided Reading from the Start
Interactive Online Training
July 13, 2018 / 9:30am -12:30pm
Small Group Instruction Works!
Who Should Attend?
Benefits of Attending
- Discuss critical components of Guided Reading.
- Learn how to use formative assessment data to group students for guided reading.
- Explore the 5 steps of effective Guided Reading Instruction.
- Use accountable talk during guided groups to help students process the ideas in the text and make inferences about the text.
- Focus on the two types of practice needed to develop reading proficiency.
- Examine fluency building activities for small groups.
- Gain ideas and resources for building student's comprehension in a variety of genres.
- Walk away with grouping strategies and lesson plan formats for successful guided reading groups.
- Explain how and when to use prompts and cues to coach readers.
- Download ready-to-use resources for getting your groups started,
And Much More!!!
Meet the Presenter!
July 13, 2018 / 9:30am - 12:30pm / Online
$99 per participant
Contact us for early bird and group discounts!
Early Bird Discount in offered through June 25th, 2018.
3 Hours of Professional Development Credit Will Be Awarded
PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR REGISTRATION FORM AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. EVEN IF IT IS AHEAD OF YOUR PAYMENT. This will let us know to reserve you a seat for the training in the event we have a sold out event.
You can register by Faxing, Calling, or Emailing your registration form in.
To pay by credit card, call our office at (817) 583-1290. We will send you a link to pay your registration fee online through our billing system. Credit Card payments must be received before the date of the seminar to receive the official link to the the training.
To pay by purchase order, submit your district PO by email or fax. Please make PO's payable to Kelly Harmon & Associates. Purchase Orders must be received before the date of the seminar to receive the official link to the training. Please contact us if you require a W9 form.
To pay by check, please make checks payable to Kelly Harmon & Associates and mail to 26440 White Eagle Drive San Antonio, TX 78260. Checks must be received before the date of the seminar to receive the official link to the training.
Call (817) 583-1290
Fax (972) 369-7327
For more Information Please contact us!
Can't Make the Training?
Kelly Harmon's Book
Kelly Harmon & Robert Marzano teamed up to write Practicing Skills, Strategies, & Processes. The book is part of the Essentials for Achieving Rigor Series.
Practicing Skills, Strategies, & Processes: Classroom Techniques to Help Students Develop Proficiency explores explicit techniques for mastering this crucial strategy of instructional practice. It includes:
- Explicit steps for implementation
- Recommendations for monitoring students’ ability to develop fluent thinking
- Adaptations for students who struggle, have special needs, or excel in learning
- Examples and non-examples from classroom practice
- Common mistakes and ways to avoid them
Guided Reading From the Start Webinar
Friday, July 13th, 9:30am
This is an online event.
RSVPs are enabled for this event.