Acton Weekly Update 11/9/18
FTCSC Hedgehog Focus
The Hedgehog Concept is based on an ancient Greek parable that states, "The fox knows many things, but the hedgehog knows one big thing." ... Hedgehogs, however, simplify the world and focus on a single, overarching vision, which they then achieve.
Collaboration has been on my mind a lot recently. We hear this word so much, at least twice a week, but do we really know what it means? Teacher collaboration occurs when members of a learning community work together to increase student learning and achievement. If our ultimate goal is student achievement, think of teacher collaboration as the journey. Collaboration is not a task to complete then move on, it’s an ever-changing, ongoing process.
The beauty of collaboration is not only the ability to tap into various perspectives and ideas, but also to share responsibility for our students’ learning. The more people invested in a student’s education, the better the chance that student has to be successful.
Over the next few weeks, we will dive a little deeper into the benefits and challenges of true collaboration.
ILEARN ELA Performance Task Writing Rubric:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=js-oyGxfjYE&feature=youtu.be
ILEARN Released Items Repository:
Weekly PBIS Focus Expectations:
November 12th-Week 15 Guest Teachers/Classroom Procedure
Winter is Here--Inclement Weather Guidelines for Employees
- Certified Staff - Certified staff will need to report to school on the announced delayed schedule. For example, if school is delayed 2 hours, the certified staff report time is also delayed two hours. The morning phone call will indicate the number of hours delayed.
- Classified staff in the buildings - Hourly staff in the buildings will also report to school on the delayed time schedule. Classified staff will only be paid for the hours worked that day. (Note, a principal may make special arrangements for receptionists, office managers, secretaries, etc.)
- Food Service Staff - Food service staff will report to work at the direction of their supervisor. Betsey Willard will contact the building supervisors as needed.
- Classified staff in custodial, grounds or maintenance (all locations) - Hourly staff will need to report to work at the direction of their supervisor(s) - Rick Hunter will communicate with supervisors.
Friendly reminder that we have ordered the last of our supplies until Spring. Items such as lamination film, computer ink cartridges, poster maker paper & ink, and even the blades for the die cut machine have to last us. The supplies we have should get us through the end of the year, but we will all have to be conscientious with our use. Please be considerate and only make items that are essential to your learning environment! Thank you!
DIBELS PM REDWeek
Cogat Testing Window
Leadership Team Meeting
Tuesday Collaboration: Planning/ Reviewing for MOY AIrways/ DIBELS assessments and/or grade level focus. CORE Team in Conference Room
Amy Matters Birthday
4th Grade Pie Pick Up
- Wednesday Collaboration: Planning/ Reviewing for MOY AIrways/ DIBELS assessments and/or grade level focus. RA @ Ctech
- CFA Cohort 3 @Ctech
- Danielle Rigsby's Birthday
- Kick Off for Major Saver Fundraiser
- CFA Cohort 3 @Ctech
Title 1 Parent Night
2nd Grade Music Program
- Midterms Posted
- Tech Team Meeting-KR
- All Pro Dad's