Symptoms of Down's syndrome may include:
- Head is smaller than normal
- Flattened nose
- Large tongue
- Slanted eyes
- Growth retardation
- Mental retardation
- Shorter than average height
The life expectancy of people with Down's syndrome has doubled in 15 from 25 to 49 years of age.
- 80% of children with Down syndrome are born to a mother 35yrs. or older.
- Down syndrome occurs 1 out of every 800 live births
- Down Syndrome is named after a Doctor who first described the disease
- There are 3 types of Down Syndrome they are trisomy, mosaic, translocation.
- There are 400,000 people have Down syndrome in the U.S and 5,000 births per year.