Published: March 25th
fun on the horizon
- We are working on a pop up shop with Truckshop, Belle's BBQ and DreamyWhip. Stay tuned for that.
- We have a Facebook private event going for a pallet party here at Bally on June 29th. If I'm not friends with you on Facebook, I cannot invite you, but someone that is invited can.
- DreamyWhip ice cream truck WILL be here on April 5th.
- Color Run will be April 19th after lunch until the end of the day. Kona Ice will be on site.
Topic: What's the point of Learning Targets in 15 minutes or less PLUS a body scan.
FRIDAY MEETING AGENDA
Here's a playlist if you prefer to learn more by viewing. The focus is Checking for Understanding. https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLyT_RUDxNqIVB_0VmVZ8lahS0NaC7G1oq
I'm not going to pretend that we will actually get to the curriculum snapshots. They should be updated weekly. I do read them to keep up with what you are doing.
We'll discuss Madeline Hunter's work specifically Checking for Understanding or CFU (Teach Like a Champion).
focus book study plan
- March 29: Discuss pp. 63-71
- April 5: Discuss pp. 72-87
- April 26: Discuss pp. 87-99
- May 3: Discuss pp. 100-112
- Core leaders set up a one hour vertical meeting time after school with Stacie and Erika. We will discuss your chapter in Section 2 and talk about establishing some non-negotiable teaching practices for Bally.
- Read your assigned chapter before your hour long meeting.
ELA, Sped, and UA: Read pp. 115-162 MEETING IS MAY 14 for ELA
Social Studies: Read pp. 163-200 MEETING IS MAY 7 for SS
Science: Read pp. 201-238
Math: Read pp. 239-274
THIS WEEK AT BALLY FOR STAFF
1. Have evidence uploaded for domains 1 and 4
2. Have your domains 1 and 4 rubric highlighted.
3. I was planning on a rotating sub, but the majority of you guys signed up during one of your plans. I anticipate each summative to only take 30 minutes of the 45 scheduled. I adjusted the rest of you to plannings. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1706DFd7mupFR2bMZbRT5Qp_-h-OcqHGL5rk2taiujFI/edit#gid=0
- Office Staff, Admin Team meetings
- 8th Grade Promotion Team meeting during SEL
- Stacey Welch formative during 6th
- Erika has Skype meeting during 7th
- Faculty circle after school
- 7th Grade ELA Unit Planning Day
- Miranda Post--but you are in a meeting so we can delay
- Kickboard Webcast for admin team
- Morris post during 5th
- Heist formative during 7th
- Pidgeon post after school
- BCEA Meeting
- Parent book study at 6:30
- Faculty Mindfulness in the AM
- Chorus to competition
- SUMMATIVES ALL DAY
- Math dept. meeting after school
- SBDM at 5pm
- SUMMATIVES ALL DAY
- SEL visit from Tischenor Middle
- Kyle to STC meeting after school
- Send kids to get their Go Pantry bags.
- Friday Focus Meetings
- Pancake reward for Kickboard kids. 7am to 8am
- Mental Health Summit at night at Florence Baptist Church