"Inspiring Greatness in Tomorrow's Leaders!" 10-8-15
Think Win Win, Synergize and Yee-Haws!
Thank you to the entire Solana Ranch Staff for working so incredibly hard! I wish everyone could have heard the positive comments from our Strategic Planning Day when parents and staff were asked how Solana Ranch helps students "Shoot for the moon." One parent even cried when speaking about our school. The collective efforts of the staff to create a nurturing and rigorous learning environment focused on Leadership and Growth Mindset have created something very special!
- Thank you to our Strategic Planning Team for helping us shoot for the moon at Solana Ranch: Shaina, Ellen, Regina, Laurie, Jojo, Nora, Rob, Dawniel, Kimberly, Terry, Sabrina Lee, and Terry Decker. A special Thank you to Shaina, Regina, and Terry for presenting on Lucy Calkins Writing, Jojo for presenting on STREAM, Nora, Kimberly, and Ellen for presenting on Leadership Notebooks and Student-Led Conferences. Amazing!
- Monica and Melani at the DO who always do such a nice job of organizing and supporting behind the scenes.
- Curt, our M & O Director, for meeting and supporting us.
- Leadership for meeting and sharing information with your grade level teams: Rob, Bix, Regan, Brittany, Ellen, Shiela, Jennifer, Jojo.
- Light House Team for Meeting on Thursday to keep us on track on our school leadership goals: Regina, Kimberly, Shiela, Tianne, Judy, Katie, Tabor and Debbie.
- Carlos, Beba, Loretta, and the Food Services Team who came in for 5 hours this weekend learning to make fresh food items. Our menu is going to be completely revamped in November.
- Victor and Ivan for working so hard to keep our school running smooth. Board Meeting set up was great too last night.
- Tabor, Theresa, Lindsay, Robyn for the great SST on Monday.
- Lindsay, Rob, Ellen, and Regina for forming an RtI Task Force and looking into interventions offered at SR.
- Sharpen the Saw Committee for organizing a great shower for Kristy.
- Theresa, Mary, Robyn, and Lori for leading Circle of Friends.
- Robyn, Theresa, Kristy, Alice, Lindsay for coming in early this morning for a pre-Student Success Day planning.
- Rob and Shaina for receiving Permanent Status at last night's Board Meeting. Congratulations.
Put First Things First
- Welcome Lauren Helbert - one of our new Learning Center Aides. Welcome to Solana Ranch!
- Student Success Day on Wednesday
- CA Shake Out Drill - Thursday
- PTO Movie Night - Friday 5:30
- Learning Walk Sign-ups: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1My2B7hH7B3bp8CSvFi0Pv4364jHwzL3wIiS7O1w3d-8/edit
Enjoy your weekends and Sharpen the Saw. Next week, leave work early, do things with your family and friends, exercise, sleep and take care of yourselves!
Who Am I?
Favorite Food: Warm Chocolate Brownies
Little-Known Talent: Messing up song lyrics
Favorite Activity to Sharpen the Saw: Travel
Famous person you admire most: Maya Angelou
Favorite Quote: "If you can't be a good example, at least you can be a horrible warning." Foster Cline
Answer: Robyn Hubbard