Helping people and trying to make the world a better place
What kind of education, training, and licensing do I need?
- Bachelors degree (Most Common)
- Some people prepare for the job with on the hob training with another trainer, but it is not required
- Graduate of an approved program in athletic training
- Current certification by the Board of Certification
- A license is required
Day-to-Day work activities?
- You may have to attend sports games
- You may work in a hospital or school
- Help people immediately when injured
- You may help kids recover from injuries
- Face to face discussions
- Freedom to make decisions without supervision
- Close physical proximity with other people
- Working with group or team
- Freedom to determine task, priorities, and goals
- On average most people in Minnesota make $42,087 per year
- On average most people in the U.S. make $42,664 per year
Current Employment and Outlook
MN-238 people are currently hired in this occupation
US-18,200 people are currently hired in this occupation
- This career is currently in low demand, but the demand for them in the future is rapidly growing.
Advantages-Some advantages would be I get to attend sports games, I get to help people, I would get to constantly meet new people, and I would get to work in many different places.
Disadvantages-Some disadvantages would be that you would have to be on your feet a lot, you may have to deal with some unpleasant injuries, you would maybe have to deal with some mad people.
Sources for more information