What it is, What it Does, and How to Prevent it
How is it Transmitted?
Gonorhea is transmitted through sexual activities, like anal, oral, and vaginal sex.
How Does a Girl Know she has Gonorrhea?
- Burning during urination
- Yellow-green vaginal discharge
- Bleeding after menstrual periods
How Does a Boy Know he has it?
- They may have no symptoms whatsoever
- Burning sensation during urination
- Yellow-white discharge from the urethra
- Pelvic inflammatory disease
What problems can it cause?
In girls, it can cause infertility, PID and complications for unborn babies. In guys, it can spread to the epididymis causing swelling in the testicular area. Infertility can also occur for the men.
How is it treated?
Antibiotics are used after a diagnostic test to treat Gonorrhea.
How is it prevented?
Abstainence and latex condoms are the best ways to prevent Gonorrhea.