Welcome to Kennedy Elementary
DATES TO REMEMBER
1-10 10 Days of Giving Food Drive
2 PTA Meeting @ 6:30 pm in Media Center
9 Holiday Train 6 PM at the Downtown Depot
23-31 NO SCHOOL - Holiday Break
1 NO SCHOOL - Holiday Break
6 PTA Meeting @ 6:30 pm in Media Center
16 Healthy Snack Program - 2nd Semester Payment Due
17 NO SCHOOL - Staff Development
20 NO SCHOOL - Martin Luther King Jr Day
23 Kindergarten Registration 5:30 - 7:00 PM
SEESAW & E-LEARNING DAYS
Character Trait - Responsibility
10 Days of Giving
This year’s food drive benefits Hastings Family Service. Merchants and area schools will collect monetary donations and non-perishable food items.
Donations can be dropped at Merchants Bank in Hastings, sent with students to school or can be brought to the Canadian Pacific Holiday Train visit to Hastings, at the Canadian Pacific Depot, 500 East Second Street, 8:00 p.m., December 9. Contact us for more information.
Most Needed Items:
- Monetary donations. Hastings Family Service can turn a $10 donation into 83 pounds of food. If each student at Kennedy brought in $1 we could provide 3,500 pounds of food to families in need!
- Side dishes (rice, pasta, potato and stuffing)
- 100% fruit juices
- Jelly or jam
- Pancake mix
- Canned fruit
- Soup, stew, chili and chow mein
- Laundry and dish detergent
- Toilet paper
The school that brings in the most pounds of food will win FREE frozen custard from Culver's for the entire school!
2020-2021 KINDERGARTEN REGISTRATION
DATE/TIME: Thursday, January 23rd, 2020/ 5:30-7pm (Open House)
LOCATION: School of Attendance (Pinecrest, Kennedy or McAuliffe)
You and your child are invited to visit Kindergarten classrooms, meet Kindergarten teachers, turn in registration/enrollment forms, and tour the school.
If you would like to bring completed kindergarten registration forms, here are a list of forms (there is no need to have all of them ready to participate in the Countdown to Kindergarten event):
1. Student Registration Form
2. Minnesota Language Form
3. Ethnic and Racial Demographic Designation Form
4. Non-household Emergency Contact Form
5. A copy of your child’s birth certificate. Your child must be five years old on or before September 1, 2020.
6. Proof of early childhood screening. If your child was screened in ISD 200, we will have the screening report on file.
7. Verification of Residency - due at the time of registration. For those already living in the district - valid driver’s license, utility bill, etc. and for families moving to the district - lease agreement or home closing paperwork.
8. Student Immunization Form
9: If applicable: Legal documentation of guardianship - if person enrolling the child is not the parent, the district will require legal documentation before the child is enrolled.
10. If applicable: Daycare Transportation Form - this is only for daycare transportation within your attendance area.
Registration/Enrollment forms can be found under the “about us” section from any of the district websites: http://www.hastings.k12.mn.us
WHAT TIME DOES SCHOOL START?
Drop off times are from 8:30 am-8:45 am. Children should not be dropped off before 8:30. If your child is going to breakfast, you may drop off at 8:25 am and have them go directly to the cafeteria.
If you need to drop off before the 8:30 bell, you can enroll your child in Kids Campus. Further information about Kid’s Campus can be obtained from the district’s website, the Pinecrest webpage, or from our office.
Please make sure your child(ren) arrive at school on time. Learning takes place in a carefully arranged environment that begins the minute your child arrives at school. When your child is late, he/she may not feel the connectedness with the class or have the opportunity to absorb learning in the best setting. To maximize instruction time and academic achievement for your child, as well as minimize disruption for the whole class, please avoid tardiness.
DRESS FOR THE WEATHER
If the temperature is below 0º fahrenheit, or the wind chill is around that level, we will keep the students inside during recess.
DON'T WAIT UNTIL WINTER... PREPARE FOR A "SNOW DAY"
It is important that you have accurate phone numbers on file for your student with the school district. Although we are using a calling system to contact families in case of inclement weather, the district will still continue to post school delays or closings in the following ways:
Official school closing announcements will be made on Hastings KDWA Radio 1460, WCCO-Channel 4, KSTP-Channel 5, KMSP-Channel 9 and KARE-Channel 11 television and Hastings Public School Website.
Please visit our webpage for directions at: www.hastings.k12.mn.us