Winter Break: Keep Learning Sharp!
How to keep kids learning over winter break.
Winter Vacation is right around the corner and no snow to send the kids out to build a snowman. So what to do with the kiddos? Here are some ideas to support learning while on winter vacation.
Set a Winter Break Routine
Create a schedule together:
7 Tips for Keeping Kids in a Healthy Holiday Routine
Winter Break: Should Kids Keep Their Brains Active?
Family Fun for Chicago and the suburbs
At Home Ideas Without Being "Plugged In"
- Indoor fort-building with paper snowball fights
- Go outside and play- enough said! Get some fresh air
- Have kids help with the cooking- practice reading, math, and creativity
- Game board time!- counting, rules, and taking turns
- Write thank you cards- writing skills, penmanship, and grammar
- Ask for a grocery list assistance- writing skills and thinking skills
- Have kids read to you their favorite book- oral reading skills
- Have kids write a winter story- Creativity and writing skills
- Do a science project- Explore and creativity
- 10 Winter break activities to keep you kids playing (and learning)
District Resources Online to Keep Skills Sharp
Bradley School District Curriculum Parent Page is designed to be a support and resource for parents for understanding standards and changes to our schools.
- Math videos to help students at home
- What to expect your child will learn at each grade level for Math and English Language Arts.
- Resources to keep skills sharp!
Student Page to play educational games or much more!
Other Web Pages to visit
Any questions, please contact Tricia Nagel, Director of Curriculum at firstname.lastname@example.org