Frontier Charter News
Dates to remember:
Sept. 23- ILP Deadline
Oct. 6- Elementary trip, "Geology" at the Eagle River Nature Center
Oct. 7- Enrollment deadline for full funding
Oct. 9-10- Anchorage College and Career Fair
Oct. 14- Middle school "Beyond the Curb" tour
Oct. 25- PSAT test (Anchorage office)
BATTLE OF THE BOOKS
Calling all readers! Do you enjoy reading great books? Do you like trivia about books? Come join our Battle of the Books teams! We are offerings teams this year for grades K-6.
Each year, the Alaska State Librarians Association selects 12 terrific books for each grade level area. Students read the books and then meet on Zoom to talk about the books. Each week, the teams practice trivia questions about the books in preparation for the District Battle against other schools.
Please fill out the Google form below to connect your reader(s) with Frontier's Battle of the Books or to get more information.
Anchorage Alaska College and Career Fair
Join the Anchorage Alaska College & Career Fair, where thousands of local high school students connect with 100+ colleges, universities, apprenticeship programs, and other organizations offering postsecondary opportunities. The Anchorage Alaska College & Career Fair is a free and public two-day event.
- Sunday, October 9 | 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm
- Monday, October 10 | 10:00 am - 1:00 pm
- Up to 120 colleges, universities, apprenticeship programs, educational organizations, military branches, and employers want to meet YOU!
- Please register for a barcode before the fair at www.StriveFair.com.
- During the fair, you’ll show your barcode to colleges who will scan it to send you more information about their schools. The day after the fair, you will receive a report with information on the colleges with whom you scanned.
Two locations to serve you:
400 W. Northern Lights Blvd, Ste 6, Anchorage
16707 Coronado St. Unit B, Eagle River (Inside the Starbucks building)