Tison Roo News 2015-16
Week of February 8th - 12th
UPCOMING TISON EVENTS
Friday, Feb. 12 -- All School FIELD TRIP to Durant Auditorium (morning)
Monday, Feb. 15 -- STUDENT HOLIDAY (staff development day)
To parents of 8th graders interested in taking dual credit classes as freshman:
The 8th grade students have an opportunity to take dual credit classes next year as freshman at the Ninth Grade Center with the College Academy. If you would like more information, please fill out the Google form below. If you have any questions, please email Gwen Ward, the Tison counselor: firstname.lastname@example.org.
CANDY VAL-E-GRAMS FOR SALE!
DEDICATION OF THE BURRIS HABITAT HOUSE
There will also be a dedication ceremony on the same day around 11:00 AM.
STUDENT SPOTLIGHT -- 20 QUESTIONS IN 60 SECONDS
Kylie Lewallen, 7th grader
A member of the Tison staff had this to say about Kylie: "She is a wonderful, smart, hardworking student!"
In order to get to know Kylie a little better, she completed a "20 Questions in 60 Seconds" questionnaire. Below are her answers:
1. Do you have any brothers or sisters?
3 sisters 1 brother
2. Do you have any pets? What are their names?
1 dog named catfish
3. If you could have the perfect birthday party, what would it be?
hanging out with my friends
4. What is your favorite food?
5. What is your favorite kind of candy?
6. What is your favorite color?
7. What is your favorite zoo animal?
8. What do you want to be when you get older?
doctor because i like to learn about the human body and help people
9. What is one thing you don't know how to do that you wish you did?
10. What is your favorite thing to study at school?
11. What do you like to do for fun?
hang out with friends and family
12. Do you prefer to spend your time inside or outside?
13. What do you like to do as soon as you get home from school?
play sports with my younger brother
14. What is your favorite TV show?
cake boss because i like to watch all the cool cakes they make
15. What is your favorite movie? Why?
the hunger games because i have always liked movies that are like that
16. What is the best toy that you ever had?
17. What is your favorite restaurant?
on the border
18. Who has the best kids' meal toys right now?
19. What is your favorite book?
the hunger games
20. What is your favorite video game?
CONNECT WITH TISON ON TWITTER!
Just search for and then "follow" the following:
@tisonprincipal (Principal, Carrie Harrison)
@WeatherfordDad (Assistant Principal, Trace Craft)
@LisaEdmunds (Assistant Principal, Lisa Edmunds)
@1LBaird (Keyboarding teacher, Laura Baird)
@belledirector (Tison All Stars/WHS Blue Belles Director, Laura Buckner)
@MrsFentonTMS (7th grade Math & yearbook teacher, Leslie Fenton)
@Profe_Ferrell (Spanish teacher & NJHS co-sponsor, Kym Ferrell)
@mrsafowler (Texas History teacher, Amanda Fowler)
@coachgommert (7th grade Science teacher & coach, Colton Gommert)
@tisonlibrary (Librarian, Leah Greer)
@MharrisScience (7th grade Science teacher, Melissa Harris)
@AndreaHayward3 (8th grade Math teacher, Andrea Hayward)
@KerfootSylvia (STACI aide, Sylvia Kerfoot)
@ErinLight3 (7th grade ELA teacher & Tennis coach, Erin Light)
@SimplyDramaStac (Theater Arts teacher, Stacey Mitchell)
@wmohr8 (8th grade Math teacher, Wendy Mohr)
@mattnovikoff (Inclusion/Math Resource Teacher, Matt Novikoff)
@stpatterson11 (8th grade ELA teacher & cheerleading sponsor)
@smilesas8 (8th grade Science teacher, Sally Scott)
@ToniScience (8th grade Science teacher & NJHS co-sponsor, Toni Smith)