Stremelstein's Classroom News
Mrs. Himelstein & Mrs. Stremel- First Grade Room 202
October 17, 2016
Wednesday, October 19 is Unity Day: Unite Against Bullying. Please have student wear orange.
Wednesday, October 19 is also Stuffed Animal and Pajama Day for room 202! Congratulations! The students filled their class bucket/marble jar and voted for stuffed animal and pajama day. Please only send a stuffed animal that can fit in your child's backpack.
Parent Teacher Conferences Sign-Up: Just a reminder if you haven't already done so to please sign up on BLOOMZ for your conference time. Thank you!
10/3-10/21 Box Tops Collection: This is the last week for the Box Tops collection. You can drop them off in the Massive Box top containers out in front of the school or bring them to the classroom.
Lexia Reading Core 5- We encourage students to read daily and work on Lexia at home. Thank you for your home support!
Earbuds: It would be helpful if your child has his/her earbuds at school during our Reading Rotations time. Thank you for your support!
Donations Needed: Our class is in need of Clorox disinfecting wipes, hand sanitizer and xerox paper. Thank you in advance for your donation!
Dates to Calendar
10/3-10/21 Box Tops Collection
10/19 Unity Day- Unite Against Bullying
10/24 Red Ribbon Week
10/28 Flag Salute, Monster Bash (6:00-9:00 p.m.)
11/14 No School- Parent Teacher Conferences
11/15-11/18 Parent Teacher Conferences- Minimum Days
11/21 -11/25 Thanksgiving Break
- Identify the main topic and retell key details of a text.
- Describe the connection between two individuals events, ideas, or pieces of information in a text.
- R-blends (br, cr, dr, fr, gr, pr, tr)
- Double final consonants (ck, ll,ss) ex: brick, drill, dress
Spelling Words of Week: Word Wall Words & Word family Words
Word Wall Words: do, now, went, which
Word Family Words: drip, grip, trip, drill, frill, grill, thrill
R-Blends words- brick, crack, track, trick, drill, frill, grill, dress, press
- A shape can be partitioned into smaller equal parts. A shape partitioned into two equal parts creates 2 parts called halves. A shape partitioned into four equal parts creates 4 parts called fourths or quarters.
- partition, half, quarter, fourth, half of, quarter of.
- Topic: Life Cycle of a Butterfly
- Have a topic sentence, 3 details, closing sentence
- Write a complete sentence with capital letters, spacing and punctuation
Science & Social Studies
Social Studies: Government and Citizenship
STREMELSTEIN CLASSROOM VOLUNTEERS
- MONDAY: UZMA QAZI (ZAARA)
- TUESDAY: ALLYSON YARBROUGH (NATHAN)
- WEDNESDAY: LAURA ZEGLER (MIA) & JENNIFER YANG (DAYLON)
- THURSDAY: JODI ORR (KELLEN)
- Thursday: 12:15-1:00 Mr. Lee (MacKenzie)
ART (ALTERNATE TUESDAYS 2:30-3:00) ROOM 605 WITH MRS. WHITING
- TARA CLARK (JACKSON)
- AMY RIVIERE (ETHAN)
- CHARITY LEE (MAKENA)
- MALIA GOSS (KAINOA)
Classroom, SEES & PTO Websites