Friday, September 28 2018
From Mrs. Lewis...
- You will receive an email with the 2 hour delay schedule for Monday.
- THe PBIS Tech day has been rescheduled for Wednesday, October 10. Permission letters will go out on Tuesday.
- The Homecoming parade has been rescheduled for Friday, October 28.
- Dismissal reminder: Nine buses and car riders will be dismissed on the first bell, then at the second bell teachers will walk their students to the cafeteria.
- REMIND: Don't miss out on weekly and/or daily reminders. JOIN REMIND: Text this message @shmsad to the number 81010.
- Changes to the calendar due to Hurricane Flo: Monday, Oct 1 (2 hour delay); Thursday, Oct 4 is a regular school day and October 5 too. P/T conferences has been rescheduled for October 11th.
- Parent Night will be rescheduled. Stay tuned for a new date.
- Testing Online - Carver and Spring Hill-All 6-8 EOGs and NCFEs
- Update - Study Island -The district requested an extension of 30 days for current contract; more discussion will be held this week or next to finalize.
- The September BT meeting has been rescheduled for October 11 in PD2.
- Please welcome Mr. Yates to our staff. We are still down one custodian. If there are any issues with cleanliness of the building, please see Mr. Dunham.
- Staff, be reminded to follow up with appropriate administrators when you have an issue. Administrator / Front Office responsibilities are attached. See that specific administrator/Office Staff Member for reporting problems or requesting information or addressing questions. Assistant Principal responsibilities: https://drive.google.com/a/scsnc.org/file/d/1G0Lf-s6Nc_nhHEGgSovhfPI5BwgctfJk/view?usp=sharing
Front Office responsibilities: https://drive.google.com/a/scsnc.org/file/d/1W_33K0ArQnDIwg90Zt_lZ20ZCSpO3tKy/view?usp=sharing
- Please be reminded that you are required to update grades weekly in Powerschool. Progress Reports should be ready for distribution to students when a new date is decided.
- Volunteers needed - We will offer OPEN GYM for students on Saturday, October 13th, 10-12pm. Help is needed for supervision. Comp time will be awarded for staff members participating.
- All staff are required to give advance notice to gain approval when they have a Dr.'s Appt or need to leave early. Notifying the same day that time is needed is not acceptable.
- All staff are expected to be at their doors in the morning to greet students.
- Please be reminded that our work days are 7:55 am to 3:45 pm.
- Writing is an expectation in every class. For ELA/SS teachers, please utilize the strategies provided in your lesson plans and instruction. For the remainder of the staff, use writing throughout your lesson. We will catch you up with PD soon.
- IF you learn of any students that need assistance, please submit their name to Mrs. Fehlman or Mrs. Snell.
- Be reminded that we will most likely have a short 9 weeks. Be sure to provide plenty of grades that will help offset low grades that could unfairly bring grades down.
- There will be after school tutoring available in the Spring. Teachers will be selected based on student performance from 2017-2018 and 2018-2019.
- K-12 Social Studies Update from DPI is located here: https://content.govdelivery.com/accounts/NCSBE/bulletins/20b4c93
It is that time of year once again where students in grades 5-12 who have engaged in volunteer services to make meaningful contributions to their community can apply for the Prudential Spirit of Community Awards. Students are encouraged to apply through the link I will provide below. Student application deadline is November 6, 2018. The application link is www.spirit.prudential.com or www.nassp.org/spirit Qualifying certified applicants will receive the President's Volunteer Service Award and will then become eligible to win $1000.00 or more, a medallion, and an all-expense paid trip with a parent/guardian to Washington, DC for 4 days for special recognition events. Students can also see Mrs. Snell for more information.
- Thank you for all your donations for those affected by the hurricane.
- Shout out to the Ms. Johnson for leading PD with the short notice!
- Thank you to the following staff leaders for leading work sessions this week. Mrs. Williams, Ms. Houston, Mrs. Griswold, Mrs. Snell, Ms. A. Locklear, and Mrs. Johnson.
- Shout out to the elective team and others for their help in sorting and assisting teachers in completing the student goal summary tasks.
- Shout out to the custodians for maintaining the building while we are down one.
- Thank you to Ms. Audrey for purchasing snacks during the district PD.
- A huge thank you to Mr. Duhnam and Mrs. Tippett for helping out this week by covering PD.
- Shout out to Mrs. Fehlman, Mrs. Snell and Mr. Hersey for coordinating efforts to gain and distribute items for hurricane relief.
- Continue to pray for Mr. Cain and his family, as his wife has come home from the hospital.
- Ms. Latonya Covington has now returned and we welcome her back!
- Please keep those staff members who have been impacted by the hurricane in your prayers.
- It has been a blessing to have Mrs. Tippett this week, picking up where we have left off. Welcome, Mrs. Tippett!
Tuesday, October 2 - Track at Reid Ross; Golf at Bayonet
Wednesday, October 3 - Football at Home vs. East Hoke
Thursday, October 4 - Regular day for staff and students
Thursday, October 4 - Volleyball at Home vs. Sandy Grove
Friday, October 5 - Regular day for staff and students
Wednesday, October 10 - Wacky Wednesday
Wednesday, October 10 - PBIS Tech Day
Thursday, October 11 - ½ day for students - Parent/Teacher Conferences
Saturday, October 13 - Open Gym - Fundraiser