Pleasant View Elementary Flyer
Friday, May 20, 2022
Dear PVE Families
What a beautiful day today for our Field Day! We have had a VERY BUSY last full week of school here at PVE - Field trips for 1st, 3rd, and 4th, Market Day for 2nd, Field Day for all, and more!
Due to the forecast for thunderstorms again Saturday, our Dad's Club Sunset Party and Camp Out has been rescheduled for TONIGHT - FRIDAY, May 20th- SATURDAY, May 21st . See the section below for all the details, and see many of you soon!
Even though we only have THREE MORE DAYS of the 21-22 school year, we still have many things to make sure to highlight. Thanks for checking out the rest of the flyer when you have time!
- PVE Family Input Survey Deadline, extended to May 27th - Deadline for families to complete the PVE Family Input Survey which serves as a mechanism for us to gain important feedback from this school year, as well as to assist us in our planning for next year.
- PVE Summer Hours and Back-to-School Dates are shared below!
- Student Medication Pick-Up Reminder, 5/25 - Please see the section below for all the details!
- Lost and Found - Oh my! We are asking teachers to take their classes to the lost and found area every day to claim lost items. We will be donating the items not claimed in early June. Thanks for encouraging your child to look for anything you believe may be missing next week.
- Library Book Return - Please return all library books to the media center as soon as possible. Thank you!
- Online Registration for 22-23 is NOW OPEN - As a reminder, ALL students returning next year must have registration completed. This is a yearly requirement. Individual notification emails were sent on 5/10. If you do not see it in your email, it may have gone to your junk/spam folder. If you cannot find the email, no worries - just login to the PowerSchool Parent Portal, select your student and complete registration. Please complete this registration by Wednesday, June 1, 2021. If your child will not be returning to Zionsville Community Schools for the 22-23 school year, please contact our front office and speak with Mrs. Shipman.
All the best,
Dr. Stacy Smith - Principal of PVE
317-873-2376, extension 17999
2022-2023 Summer Hours and Back-to-School Dates
Last 3 Days of School:
- May 20th - May 21st - PVE Dad's Club Sunset Party & Campout -Starts at 6pm and lasts until the next morning around 8:30am.
- May 24 - PVE 4th Grade Promotion Picnic Celebration with Parents (look for details to come from teachers)
- May 25 - Last Day of 21-22 School Year - Last day to pay 21-22 Textbook Rental and pick-up Student Medication from our clinic
Summer PVE Office Hours:
- Thursday, May 26th-Friday, June 10th - PVE Office Open Hours of 8:00am-2:00pm (M-F, except closed Memorial Day)
- Monday, June 13th -Friday, July 8th - PVE Office Closed for Summer - Call ZCS ESC for assistance or registration inquiries at 317-873-2858
- Monday, July 11th - Tuesday, July 19th - PVE Office Open Hours of 8:00am-2:00pm (M-F)
- Wednesday, July 20th - PVE Office Resumes Normal Business Hours of 7:30am-3:30pm (M-F)
- Tuesday, July 26, 2022 - 1st-4th Grade New Family Welcome Event (5:00-7:00)
- Monday, August 1, 2022 - Kindergarten and Preschool Meet, Greet, and Mingle Night
- Tuesday, August 2, 2022 - 1st-4th Grades Meet the Teacher Night
- Thursday, August 4th, 2022 - First Day of School
- Thursday, August 18, 2022 - Elementary Curriculum Night
- Friday, September 23, 2022 - Jogathon
Field Day was AMAZING!
PVE Dad's Club Campout - NOW TONIGHT - May 20th - May 21st
Due to the forecast for thunderstorms AGAIN for Saturday (as well as Sunday morning), our Dad's Club Sunset Party and Camp Out will occur TOMORROW - FRIDAY, May 20th - SATURDAY, May 21st. Due to BAC in session, we will delay our start time one hour, with admittance beginning at 6:00pm. All other details regarding the event will remain the same.
Due to this unexpected change - we are asking for EVERYONE to RE-REGISTER for this event, so we can get a more accurate idea of how many to plan for. Please click the registration link below. You do NOT need to re-pay, just re-register please.
- May 20th PVE Campout Registration Form - Please complete even if you already registered!
Now able to attend?
If you are now able and want to attend either the Sunset Party or entire Campout, please both register and pay for the experience your family would like to attend.
As a reminder...
We are very excited to offer our FIRST PVE Dads Club Sunset Party and Campout! If camping isn't your jam, we hope that you and your family may consider signing up for the Sunset Party, which includes dinner, smores, glow bracelets, and an outdoor movie. Families may also choose to register to campout in order to enjoy the full experience, which also includes donuts and juice/coffee in the morning! Please see all the information and details in the flyer below.
- Date: NOW Friday, May 20, 2022 - Admittance begins at 6:00pm
- Location: PVE Upper Playground (the Southern playground within the chain link fence
- Who can attend?: All PVE Students, Families, & Faculty (and future PVE Families) Please note: this is not a drop-off event, and all children must be accompanied by a parent/guardian.
- Cost: Pay only $20.00 for your entire family if just joining for the Sunset Party (dinner & movie), or, Pay only $40.00 for your entire family if also wanting to campout overnight and enjoy donuts, juice, and coffee as well!
Step 1: EVERYONE PLEASE RE-REGISTER
Step 2: Pay -Only for those who are registering for the first time and have not already paid!
- Please CLICK HERE to Pay using Venmo: or scan the QR Code in the flyer below, or send a check made payable to “PVE Dads Club” to the following address:
- PVE Dads Club
- c/o Nikolay Zaborenko
- 4374 Greenthread Dr
- Zionsville, IN 46077
Please CLICK HERE for easy access to print the flyer that's pictured below for all of the details!
2nd Grade Market Day
PVE Steel Robotics at WORLDS
The PVE Steel Eagles traveled to Dallas, Texas to compete in the VEX IQ World Championships. Each of the four teams competed in four different Divisions: Science, Technology, Design, and Math. Each division consisted of 80 teams with a total number of 720 teams particapating in the Elementary VEX IQ event. Coaches Karen Stillions, Molly Seward, Bill Prucka, and Mark Reiff cheered for the teams and left the event feeling proud of the job each team did and their accomplishments and contributions.
- Team P: PMR Party - Max P. and Porter S. finished 22nd in Science Division, just missing finals by 0.12 points and placed 42nd overall
- Team C: Coolbots - Harrison M., Griffin M, Lucas J, and Henry H won the Judges Award, finished 8th in Research Division, and placed 65th overall
- Team N: New Mechanics - Jack G, Parker P, Everett L finished 49th in Technology Division and 85th overall
- Team G: Girl Power - Paisley G, Ellie F, and Liesl H finished 50th in Math Division and placed 278th overall
All four teams look forward to the new 2022/23 season, Slapshot, and representing Zionsville Steel Eagles in future events!
Library Book Reminder - Due May 13th
All PVE library books are due back to the Media Center by next Friday, May 13th. Thank you to those who have already returned their books. If you have not, please do so at your earliest convenience.
If you have questions, please email our PVE Media Specialist, Michelle Walters, at email@example.com. Thank you!
Textbook Fee Reminder - Due May 25th
If you have not paid your curricular material fees (textbook rental and consumable materials) please do so no later than May 25, 2022 to avoid having your account be sent to collections.
Log into your PowerSchool account and click on the Balance tab to view your outstanding fees.
ILEARN Re-Score Information
Students in grades 3 and 4 concluded ILEARN testing last week. We expect final scores and Individual Student Reports next month and will share those with you at that time. Indiana Code 20-32-5.1-12(d) allows parents an opportunity to request a review for specific open-ended item(s). Click here for more details.
Student Medication Pick-Up Deadline - May 25th (or discarded)
Greetings PVE Families!
It is hard to believe that we are in the final stretch of the 2021-2022 school year! Yet again, we have managed to complete another successful school year thanks to your continued support and patience this year.
As we wrap up this school year be mindful that if your student has any medication in the clinic that it will need to be picked up during normal school hours prior to but no later than Tuesday May 25th. Please know that ANY medication left in the clinic after 3:30 pm on Tuesday May 25th will be discarded. This may include your students Epi Pen, Auvi-q, Inhaler, emergency or routine medication.
As a reminder new documentation must be submitted for the 2022-2023 calendar school year. This includes; medication authorization forms, permission to self-care forms, (Allergy, Asthma, Diabetic, Seizure) care plans, medical or religious exemption statements for immunization as well as updated vaccine records.
If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us.
The PVE Clinic Crew
Keiona K'Peahay, HCP (Mon-Fri)
Peggy Carson, RN (Mon-Wed)
Lianne Donald, RN (Thur-Fri)
Clinic Staff| School Health Program at Pleasant View Elementary
Peyton Manning Children's Hospital | St. Vincent Hospital
4700 S 975 E
Zionsville, IN 46077
PHONE 317-873-2376 ext. 17993
Spring 2022 PVE Family Input Form - Now Due Friday, May 27th
Dear Current (and Future) PVE Families,
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback regarding your child's learning experience this year, along with input as we consider planning for next year. The input you provide in this survey serves two purposes. First, it provides us the opportunity to reflect on our strengths and areas to improve as a building. We readily admit that we, as a staff, must continually reflect and be open to feedback in order for improvement to become a reality. Secondly, the input you provide supports our planning efforts as we strive to create the optimal classroom placement for each student for the 2022-2023 school year.
Please understand that this survey serves as the primary and most effective way for parents to communicate with administration their thoughts about next year's class placement. Please refrain from requesting a specific teacher, and instead focus on the learning style, classroom supports, and interests that most benefit your child. Please complete this form by Friday, May 27th so we may have the opportunity to adequately review your input before the end of the school year.
Your partner in education,
Stacy - PVE Principal
2022-2023 PVE Classroom Supply Lists/Kits
Order Securely Online - Extended through June 26th!
1. Go to www.educationalproducts.com/shoppacks .
2. Enter the school ID, PLE035 (3 numbers/3 letters).
3. Follow the directions to complete your order.
4. Keep your online confirmation as your receipt.
*Sales tax will be applied at checkout.
*Please note, that headphones are NOT included in these supply kits.
If you would like to shop for school supplies on your own, our 2022-2023 Supply Lists are available on our PVE website (under Parents Tab), or you can click here!
The Indiana Department of Education requires school districts to identify gifted students and provide them with appropriately differentiated curriculum and instruction. In ZCS, we consider ability and achievement data of all students each spring to identify any who may need curriculum and/or instruction. This spring our team of teachers, licensed in gifted education, will look at all data to make sure that we understand the needs of each student.
Our school district is committed to continuous progress for all students, regardless of designation. Accelerated content is common in our classrooms as are heightened expectations, instructional levels and high-achieving peers. Instructional methods regularly group and regroup students with differentiated materials and goals. Whether or not a child is identified as needing advanced curriculum, our teachers are committed to regular assessment of skills and knowledge and matching experiences to challenge each child and help him or her make maximum academic growth. We are proud to be a high-performing school district with high expectations for all students.
- For students currently in grades K-3: Programming at the elementary level is based on student need for acceleration and enrichment within a cluster group in a general education classroom and not on labels. All student data is reviewed each year to look for several indicators that a child needs advanced instruction in order to grow academically. Our identification team looks at achievement, ability and teacher observational data. Since these vary from year to year with young students, we re-look at every student each spring. Parents will be notified by June 1 if their child has been recommended for more advanced curriculum. If your child was not identified through our extensive process, parents/guardians may appeal the decision. Parents/guardians can complete the appeal process by June 15. Forms are located on the Academics tab of our website under “Advanced Curriculum”: https://4.files.edl.io/039c/01/28/20/182123-3d4a9f45-de63-4549-95a9-0341f67290eb.pdf
Note: If your child is currently identified as needing more advanced curriculum in grades 1-4, you will not receive an email because this placement will continue for the next school year.
- For students currently in grade 4: All students are considered and more formally identified for high ability each year throughout middle school where they are placed in a class with high ability curriculum. Our identification team considers either achievement (NWEA) or ability (CogAT/OLSAT) when making decisions. Parents will be notified by June 1 if their child has been recommended for differentiation based on the need for accelerated instruction and curriculum. If your child was not identified through our extensive process, parents may appeal the decision. Parents can complete the appeal process by June 15. Forms are located on the Academics tab of our website under “Advanced Curriculum”: https://4.files.edl.io/9ed3/07/24/19/163425-9b8daab0-04e6-4efb-acd8-f68c3aec4318.pdf
ZEF Eagle Honor Awards
With the transition from Teacher Appreciation Week to year-end thanks, I wanted to ask if you could please include the attached new graphic in your Friday newsletters for the next couple weeks? If you have room for a link, this link will take people to the Eagle Honors form: https://crm.bloomerang.co/HostedDonation?ApiKey=pub_a5ff283d-834c-11e7-afbe-024e165d44b3&WidgetId=210946
Reporting Tool for CoVID
ZCS GROW Info & Z'CAMP Registration
Hey parents! Do your kids want more social interactions with their school peers? Do you want to make a difference at your child’s school? ZCS-GROW is looking for adults to help in their aftercare program. The best news is that any of your children who attend this elementary school can attend BAC for FREE as long as you are working! We have a variety of schedule options from a couple hours per day once a week to five days per week. BAC does not meet during school holidays. For more information contact Becca King at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 317-733-4847.
Above and Beyond
Visitor and Volunteer Procedures
During the school day, all volunteers are expected to check in at the front office. Prior to the volunteer opportunity, all volunteers must sign a CoVID Non-disclosure Acknowledgement Form and have successfully completed a Full Criminal History Background Check.. Necessary background check paperwork is available on the ZCS website at the Volunteers/BRAVO link and should be submitted at least 10 days prior to the intended volunteer date. Volunteers must also view the state mandated confidentiality/bullying video, provided on the Volunteer/BRAVO website. The volunteer will pay the fee for the full background check which will expire after 5 years.
During the school day, all visitors must enter via the front door and sign-in at the front office. Visitors need to be prepared to present a government issued photo ID which will be scanned against the National Sex Offender Registry. All visitors will be issued a visitor badge/tag to be worn inside the building at all times. Visitors other than parents/guardians must be prearranged and organized through the main office.