Author, Specialist, Knowledge
Two-Way Interactive television with authors and specialists
AUTHOR JOHNATHAN RAND RETURNS + OTHER AUTORS TO SPEAK TO GenNET STUDENTS THIS WINTER AND SPRING!
ASK: Author, Specialist,, Knowledge
TWICE (Two Way Interactive Connections in Education) partners with various educational organizations such as the Genesee ISD and GenNET around Michigan to bring ASK Author video conferences to students.
ASK (“Authors Specialist and Knowledge”) is an organized process that provides students with the opportunity to interview an author about a novel they are reading, ask questions of a content specialist. The program uses excellent literature, journal writing and interviewing to promote reading for understanding. Authors scheduled to speak to students this winter and spring include:
- Karen Bell-Breger
- Denise Brennen-Nelson
- Laurie Keller
- Dana Lehman
- Robert Lytle
- Janie Lynn Panagopoulos
- Johnathan Rand
- Lisa Wheeler
- Margaret Willey
Information below includes the 2016 Winter/Spring schedule as well as how to prepare for meeting several great authors of really well-known books students love to read!
Program descriptions and details about the the 2016 winter/spring ASK programs are available by clicking on the link above.
How does it work? What are the costs?
- Cost: $40 for TWICE Organization Members; $80 for non-members or individual members. NOTE: ******The Genesee ISD is a member of TWICE, thus all Genesee County and GenNET sites are automatically members!
- Cancellation Procedures: For a full refund, cancellations must be submitted 5 weeks (25 business days) ahead of time.
- Technology: These programs are available via GenNET ITV Distance Learning Classrooms.
- Multipoint: Each session is shared with up to three participating classrooms from the around the country.
- Waiting List. If a program you want is full, please register & note waiting list. Sometimes schools cancel and we'd like to have the sessions full if possible.
- Questions? Contact the GenNET Office at the Genesee ISD at 591-4436
For a short video about A.S.K. Click here
Click here, complete the online registration form and Genesee ISD staff will begin the process with the provider to bring an ASK program to the classroom!