Weekly Staff Newsletter for Francis Howell North High School
HAPPY MONDAY, MARCH 19, 2018!
I wish you a happy, belated St. Paddy’s Day! I hope you had an awesome weekend and are geared up for one more week before spring break.
As we go into spring break, please continue to be highly visible in the hallways before school, during passing periods and after school. As I said last week, this is the time of year where students start to show some unexpected behaviors. Your presence and supervision can certainly help to discourage some of that.
I hope you have a great week!
- Congratulations to Noah Slaughter, Caitlind Walker, and Maddie Fields, who were all recognized at the board meeting for being National Merit Finalists!
- Congratulations to Caitlind and Maddie on earning National Merit scholarships this week. That is a big deal!
- Congratulations FHN MAC Scholars for organizing 17 compliments.
- Congratulations, DECA. They had 15 students place at the state competition and 7 students qualify for DECA International Competition in April!
- Congratulations to Linda Lott on receiving the Awesome Street award!
WEEKLY SIP UPDATES
PD Committee Meeting Main Office Conference Room Monday March 19, 2018 @2:30
Please check your e-mail for the Senior At-Risk list from Lisa Woodrum. Please make sure you are contacting parents if you have students that are failing your class.
Concerns with students:
If you are concerned or suspect social, academic or emotional concerns please refer this student to STAT using the STAT form or reach out to the students guidance counselor.
- ISAP has decreased 33% compared to last year (221 to 146).
- OSS has increased 5% compared to last year (104 to 110).
- Our overall infractions have decreased 26% compared to last year (1223 to 906).
Behavior Team will meet on 4/10 in Room 5 at 2:30 pm. We will be looking at discipline data. The goal of this meeting will be to begin next steps in implementing an expectation matrix that could be used during the next school year.
Did you know that there are student climate groups at FHN who are hard at work on many projects? Student Summit attendees are excited to plan the Lunch and Learn for you on April 5th. This picture is of 2 of our Students for FHN leaders on a conference call with students and admin from all three high schools working together to create a PSA to address student climate. We have great kids at FHN!