Digital Media & Communication Guide
Villa Maria College Library
The complete list of databases available can be found on our website.
Off-campus access to most online databases requires a username and password. Drop by the library to get this information.
- Academic OneFile – Full-text journal articles covering multiple disciplines.
- Academic Search Premier – Full-text journal articles covering multiple disciplines.
- Expanded Academic ASAP – Full-text journal articles and images covering multiple disciplines.
- Art Full Text– Full-text journal articles, art dissertations, and art reproductions. Covers all aspects of art as well as photography, film, architecture, fashion, graphic design, and interior design.
- Communication & Mass Media Complete – Full-text journal articles in communications, mass media, digital media, and journalism.
Communications and Mass Media Collection – Full-text journal articles covering all aspects of communications, including advertising, public relations, literature and writing, and linguistics.
- Fine Arts and Music Collection – Full-text journal and magazine articles covering drama, music, art history, and filmmaking
- Pop Culture – Full-text journal articles covering all aspects of popular culture (celebrities, fashion, music, sports, technology, and other trends) from the beginning of the 20th century through the present day.
SEARCH FOR BOOKS, EBOOKS, PRINT JOURNALS, AND DVDs
Books in the standard collection may be borrowed for three weeks. Books placed on reserve by your professor will have a shorter loan period. Books not available from the library can be borrowed through AcademicSHARE or Interlibrary Loan (ILL). Contact the library for help. To find items held by Villa and other libraries, try WorldCat.
Don't forget your Villa Maria College ID card to check out books!
JOURNALS & NEWSPAPERS
Find current and archived journals in the South Room in the library. Print journals can be borrowed for one week. Some additional titles are also available for single issues and archives.
- Buffalo News
- Columbia Journalism Review
- Communication Arts
- The New York Times
"The American Press Institute conducts research, training, convenes thought leaders and creates tools to help chart a path ahead for journalism in the 21st century."
"CMPA is a nonpartisan research and education organization which conducts scientific studies of news and entertainment media."
"The CPJ is an independent, nonprofit organization that promotes press freedom worldwide. We defend the right of journalists to report the news without fear of reprisal."
"WNYC’s weekly investigation into how the media shapes our world view. Brooke Gladstone and Bob Garfield give you the tools to survive the media maelstrom."
Evaluates and studies the performance of the press.