The Raider Report
January 12, 2016
With the new year, let's help our students start off on the right foot by getting to school on time. School starts at 7:45am every morning. Let's be respectful to our morning prayer by keeping distractions down from those coming in late, or missing out all together on our morning prayer as a community. Parents I would really appreciate your help and support with this.
Also, as the new year has kicked off, it is time to begin the re-enrollment process. You will be getting your re-enrollment family packet by the end of the week, so keep a lookout in your student's belongings. A change this year is that our database system is moving to online enrollment, so re-enrollment will all be done online this year. The office and computer lab, along with assistance from the school, will be available to any family that needs it. Just contact the school office if you have any questions once you get your packet.
Finally, just a reminder that with the winter weather season inclement weather is still a possibility. If there should be any delays, or school closings, due to weather we will communicate it in several ways: Channel 5, school website, parent alert text message, and our Facebook page.
Have a great week!
May Mary, Queen of All Saints, pray for us!
FIRST COMMUNION UPDATE
NOLAN CATHOLIC HIGH SCHOOL NEWS
Nolan Catholic is currently accepting applications for enrollment for in-coming freshman for the 2016-2017 school year. Apply online today at www.NolanCatholichs.org. Applications will be accepted through January 30, 2016.
Middle School Parents, we invite you to experience the Nolan Catholic difference. Please join us to celebrate our weekly Mass on Thursday, January 14, 2016, at 9:20 A.M. in Hartnett Arena. A coffee reception with NCHS Administrators will immediately follow Mass in the Atrium. RSVP to Lisa Griffith at email@example.com.
- Safe Environments Class-Please CLICK HERE to see the Diocesan Safe Environments Training Calendar. VOLUNTEERS FOR ALL SCHOOL AND CHURCH EVENTS MUST BE SAFE ENVIRONMENTS TRAINED FOR THE SAFETY OF ALL YOUTH. WITH SEVERAL SCHOOL EVENTS COMING UP, PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU ARE IN COMPLIANCE, OR YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO VOLUNTEER. New program coming February 1st!
- Yearbook Club-is this Wednesday. If you have any questions about Yearbook Club, please contact Roman Ramirez, Roman.Ramirez@unthsc.edu
- Dad's Club- The Dad's Club will meet on Wednesday, 1/13 at 7pm. Everyone is welcome to attend! The meeting will be held at Chuyitos at 1521 N. Main. For more info, please contact Dad's Club Coordinator, Mark Espinosa, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Choir-Choir is this Wednesday. For more information about Choir, please contact Mr. Murillo, email@example.com, or Mrs. Azpeitia, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Report Cards-Report Cards are being sent home today unless you have a balance. Please check with the school office if you do not receive your child's report card.
- Noon Dismissal-January 15th will be a NOON DISMISSAL DAY. There will be Extended Care.
- 2nd Quarter Awards-Will take place after mass on January 15th.
- No School- Monday, January 18th in observance of MLK, Jr. Day.
Next meeting is Tuesday, January 19th! Hope you can join us!
Chocolate Sales are coming soon! Be on the lookout in your child's binder for more info!
Kudos to Angelica Gonzalez and Nancy Salgado, Decorating Committee Chairs, and those that helped them lead the way with decorating the school for the Advent and holiday season! The school looked so festive and we appreciate the ongoing seasonal decorations to make the school feel welcome and inviting!
Kudos to our maintenance director, Danny Arriaga, for staying on top of checking the building over the break and catching a leak in the building before it really did a lot of damage.
What we need...
- Boxtops, Caprisuns, & Coke Tabs (turn in to classroom teacher)
- MIDDLE SCHOOL-Is in need of Kleenex. If you have any spare boxes, please drop them off in the school office.
- ART CLASS-Mrs. Hooper is in need of the following items for art class for our students. If you are able to help, we'd greatly appreciate it.
- Oval pan watercolors
- 9 x 12 construction paper (all colors)
- 18 x 24 construction paper (all colors)
- Wiggle eyes
- Craft sticks
All Volunteers must be approved and in good standing with the Safe Environments Program. If you have a workshop certificate that needs to be turned in, please drop it off in the office.
NOON DISMISSAL. There will be Extended Care to those families that need it.
HSO Meeting @ 6pm in the school cafeteria
Dress for Success Day. No jeans, leggings as pants, or tennis shoes. Wear your very best.
Kinder and PreK Round Up
First Communion Meeting from 3:30-4:30. Pick up in front of the school building.