May 6, 2016
Teacher Appreciation Week
Again, thank you for all you do for our school and enjoy your weekend. Also check out this video I found as well. I wonder what my letter would say to myself to get me through the trying times of working in education? What would your letter say to yourself?
End of Year Diligence
- Sign-outs for bathroom - Last week there were 2 major vandalism issues in the 7th and 8th grade boys bathrooms that are being investigated. Do your best to monitor all students leaving your room. Check your sign-out sheets. Kevin and I will be discussing how to address bathroom sign-outs this week.
- Dress Code - Continue to send students to the office for violations. In fact, I would like for all teachers to "do a sweep" on Monday before homeroom. If you see someone in violation - send them to the main office.
- Monitoring the hallways - Please be in the hallways at all times during the day when your students are in between classes, before homeroom and at dismissal and be sure to spread out to be able to better observer student behavior.
We all have to work together to keep things as calm as can be over the next few weeks.
Sub Calling Reminders
I would like to add 2 more reminders about substitutes and sub calling. Please do not contact the subs prior to putting the form in. It is causing issues when that particular substitutes is not called in for the position they think they are getting. You can always request a sub on your form but please do not contact them first.
If you need to call out as an emergency in the morning, you must have your form in by 6:30am. If you do not, you have to contact Deb Winters on her cell phone.
Upcoming Events and Reminders
- 5/17 - I will need to move the staff meeting from 5/18 to 5/17
- 5/18 - 6th Grade Field Trip to Iron Pigs
- 5/19 - Spring Chorus Concert