The Daly News
Week of August 13, 2018
Our preplanning week was amazing! You worked hard, were motivated, and open to new ideas. I can't thank you enough. All that hard worked paid off with an epic first day. It was a very smooth day and I saw so many happy children at dismissal.
All teachers need to fill out the Google Form below (by Wednesday). I have embedded it directly into this newsletter. Just click and type in the "your answer" fields. No need to open your Google Drive or a different window, its so easy!
Frame the Lesson
Watch this short video on our first Fundamental Five strategy!
By Labor Day all Manatee teachers will post ELA and Math standards on their board and Frame the Lesson. Contact Mrs. Kellam if you need innovative ways to implement this in your classroom.
No PLC or Data Team this week.
- Parents may walk their students to class at 7:50 am, please be at you door at that time.
- Baseball5 demonstration for aftercare students.
- Last day for parents grades 1-6 to walk their student to class at 7:50 am.
- Kindergarten Meet & Greet 1:30-2:00 pm
- Facebook Live story time at 7:20 pm. (cross your fingers this goes well, I have never done anything like the before)
- First day of school for Kindergarten! Parents may walk their K student to class at 7:30 am.
- Boo Hoo Breakfast 7:30-8:25 am. Location change to the cafeteria near the sound booth.
- Count Day 2-only for Kindergarten and any teacher missing a student on Day 1.
- Kindergartners may be walked to class at 7:50 am.
- Early Release Day! Check the schedule for your activity time.
- Last day for K students to be walked to class by parents.
- Count Day 3-only for teachers who had students missing on Count Day 1 & 2. This is the most important count day for us.
On Monday we will be welcoming several dignitaries representing USSSA that will be introducing a brand-new sport that is making its debut in America. Manatee was chosen as ground zero for this event!
The sport is called Baseball5 and it’s a fast-paced team sport where individual skills and hand-eye coordination are highlighted. Baseball5's main goals are to help boost overall sports participation and physical activity among young people. This sport will be showcased at the Women’s Baseball World Cup that is being held August 22nd thru the 31st at the USSSA Space Coast Complex and Manatee gets to play a part of this prestigious event!