Lynnville-Sully Schools - March 3, 2021
Message from Shane Ehresman, Superintendent
Monday, March 8 - 1 PM Student Early Dismissal for Parent-Teacher Conferences
- Conferences times (4:00 - 8:00 pm)
Thursday, March 11 - 1 PM Student Early Dismissal for Parent-Teacher Conferences
- Conferences times (4:00 - 8:00 pm)
Friday, March 12 - No School for Students & Staff - Teacher Conference Compensation Day
Monday, March 15 - Wednesday, March 17 - No School for Students & Staff - Spring Break
Changes to Driver Education; Registration Open
Due to a recent retirement, Lynnville-Sully has partnered with StreetSmarts to continue providing high quality driver education options to students in our local communities. The traditional classroom instruction will now be held virtually at the students own pace, while the driving instruction will continue to occur in person.
Those students and/or parents who are interested in registering for classes or learning more should visit: http://www.lshawks.org/district/about-me/home/streetsmarts-driver-education
L-S Youth Sports Registration - Sign-Up Ends March 7
Lynnville-Sully youth sports registration is open for softball and baseball until March 7, 2021 - Link to registration: https://tshq.bluesombrero.com/Default.aspx?tabid=1350769
March 3, 2021 Lynnville-Sully Data Analysis
At this time, our data indicates we will continue with face-to-face instruction.
On a daily basis, we monitor the county positivity rate, district student/staff attendance, and positive cases of COVID-19 (L-S instructional model considerations at bottom of newsletter).
- Jasper County 14-Day Positivity Rate: 11.2%; 7-Day Positivity Rate: 14.4%: https://coronavirus.iowa.gov/pages/case-counts
- K-12 Absence Rate: 1.8%
- K-5 Absence Rate: 2.6% ------- Number of Positive COVID K-5 Student Cases: *Less than 6
- 6-8 Absence Rate: 0.9% -------- Number of Positive COVID 6-8 Student Cases: 0
- 9-12 Absence Rate: 1.2% ------ Number of Positive COVID 9-12 Student Cases: 0
- Number of Positive COVID K-12 Staff Cases: 0
- K-12 Students Quarantined: 8
- K-12 Staff Quarantined: *Less than 6
* Due to confidentiality guidance, any level with less than six cases can not be identified to protect the identity of individual students or staff. Zeros may be shared with the public.
Spring 2021 Golf Apparel
Now Available! Ordering Deadline: March 10
Click here to order: https://lynnville-sully-golf.itemorder.com/product/18247991
L-S Coaching Opportunities
- 2021 Assistant Junior High School Boys/Girls Track Coach - The Lynnville-Sully Community School District seeks an assistant junior high school boys/girls track coach for the 2021 season and beyond. Candidates must have a valid coaching authorization or #101 Athletic Coach (K-12) endorsement. Anticipated Start Date: March 29, 2021. Coaching Stipend: $1,260 (previous stipend: $720). Application deadline: OPEN UNTIL FILLED.
- 2021 Assistant Junior High School Baseball Coach - The Lynnville-Sully Community School District seeks an assistant junior high school baseball coach for the 2021 season and beyond. Candidates must have a valid coaching authorization or #101 Athletic Coach (K-12) endorsement. Anticipated Start Date: May 3, 2021. Coaching Stipend: $1,439. Application deadline: March 12, 2021.
- Send a letter of interest and completed application to Shane Ehresman, Superintendent, Lynnville-Sully Community School District, PO Box 210, Sully, Iowa 50251. Application may be found on the school district web site: http://www.lshawks.org/district/employment-1 Electronic materials may be directed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
During the 2020-21 season, the Lynnville-Sully wrestling team boasted a second-place finish at the SICL Conference meet. Also, three wrestlers advanced to districts and one wrestler qualified for the state wrestling tournament - first Hawk appearance at state since 2018.
During the 2020-2021 season, the Lynnville-Sully girls brought experience and athleticism to the hardwood this winter and finished with an impressive 17-4 overall record. In the SICL, the girls placed second behind Montezuma with a 12-3 record.
During the 2020-2021 season, Coach Nick Harthoorn had a young team. Despite their inexperience, the L-S boys finished with a winning 13-9 record. The Hawks placed fourth overall in the South Iowa Cedar League and third in the west division with an 11-5 record.
Free Meal Pick-Up Available for Absent L-S Students
All Lynnville-Sully enrolled students who are absent from school may pick-up a free meal between 11:30 am - 11:40 am at the front entrance of the elementary/middle school. Meals will be brought out to your vehicle. Meals must be ordered by 8:00 am the day of meal pick-up. If your child is absent due to sickness, COVID-19 quarantine, COVID-19 isolation, or any other reason, you may email or call Shelley Vander Molen before the 8:00 am the day of meal pick-up. Email Shelley: email@example.com or call and leave a message: 641-594-4445 extension 133. The free meal pick-up will be offered through the end of the school year or until federal funding is no longer available.
L-S Return to Learn Website:
If you have any questions or suggestions, please give me a call 641-594-4445 extension 103 or send an email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Shane Ehresman, Ed.S.