By: Alyssa Jackson & Lindsey Costantino
Facts on Domestic Violence:
- 1 in 4 women will experience domestic violence during her lifetime.
- Domestic Violence is the leading cause of injury for women ages 15-44.
- One women is beaten by her husband/boyfriend every 15 seconds in the US.
Effects on Children & Families
- Children who live in homes where there is domestic violence suffer abuse or neglect at higher rates.
- Children that live in a home where there is domestic abuse are sometimes afraid to get into a relationship.
- Domestic violence victims face depression, anxiety and flashbacks.
Options for Support:
- The Children's Aid Society- Domestic Violence Prevention and Intervention Services Contact Information: (212) 503-6842
- InterAct of Wake County- They provide support for Domestic Violence Contact Information: (919) 828- 7740
New Domestic Violence PSA - "It Rarely Stops" (HD)