The Legacy Times
Vol. 9 - March 2018
Director's Spotlight: Shanna Grubb
Dear Legacy family,
I'm so proud of how great the girls did at contest in February. Thank you so much for all the hard work you put in to make that happen. We couldn't have done it without you all and your tremendous support. From getting your girls to practice each morning to moving props and altering costumes you really came through for your girls and the team. We appreciate you so much! Thank you for being those parents who constantly go the extra mile. I hope you all enjoy your spring break and have some special time together as a family. I can't wait to return and finish the season with a bang at Nationals. I am thankful for the grit, perseverance and determination your girls are showing each day.
As we go into our final stretch of preparations, to make sure things go smoothly for the girls, we need to have one more parent practice to master setting up all the curtains at Nationals. We would love to have as many hands as we can get to help this run flawlessly and quickly. I have reserved the gym for a rehearsal for the parents who can help on Saturday (3/24) at Nationals with this big task, The rehearsal will take place on Thursday March 22 at 7:30 pm-8:30pm. Please sign up on this signup genius if you can attend and help on Saturday. Thank you again for everything you do.
Booster BOARD Election News
Nominating Board Committee:
A huge THANK YOU to those who volunteered or nominated to be a member of the Nominating Committee. We are pleased to have a representative from each grade level. The committee will be conducting the remainder of the nomination items on the timeline below to prepare the SLATED Board at our May 22 meeting.
Nominating Committee 17-18
Chairman - Kristi Sauer (sophomore)
Freshman Representative - AJ Barkley
Sophomore Representative - Caroline Watson
Junior Representative - Becky Pauly
Administrator - Kenny Durand
Directors - Shanna Grubb & Kristy Duenwald
Nominations for Board 18-19
Be sure to nominate yourself or an active booster member using the following link.
*Deadline for board nominations will be March 16.
* If you have any questions, please contact Kristi Sauer, Chair of Nominating Committee, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Slating the LL Backers New Board:
Feb. 9-10: Deadline to nominate a booster member/yourself for Nominating Committee (President will then form committee)
March 2: Deadline for Nominating Com. Chair to send President the Board Nomination link
March 5: Board Nomination link added to March ENews
March 16: Deadline for Board Nominations (nominate booster member/yourself)
new extended deadline to vote!
April 2-6: Nominating Com. Chair sends out board questionnaires to nominees
April 9-27: Nominating Com. collects/compiles/sorts all completed nominee questionnaires
May 7-18: Nominating Com. meets/decides/calls/confirms slated board positions
May 22: New LL Backers Board 18-19 will be presented to booster during meeting and a vote will be taken.
*Reminder: April 24 meeting has been revised to May 22.
Click HERE for the Booster & Board Calendar 17-18
1st VP (Social): Christie Halverson
Crowd Pleasers Competition:
A special thanks to all who donated an item for our goody bags at our first competition. Legacies, escorts, and managers all sparkled with their goody bags with essentials for the long day.
MA Nationals in Ft. Worth:
Be on the look out for a SignUp Genius coming soon as we create a goody bag for the long day at Nationals competition on March 23 and March 24.
Spring Jr Dance Clinic & Spring Show:
We will need the following for these events:
- Snack bags created for the dance clinic - sign up coming!
- Volunteers to help with dinner meals for rehearsal nights prior to Spring Show
- Goody bags created for our dancers for Spring Show
2nd VP (Fundraising): Keri Goins
- Thanks so much for supporting each of these fundraisers! These two spirit fundraisers completed our spirit days/nights for the year. Your support was incredible all year!
Spring Jr Dance Clinic: Saturday, APRIL 7 @ 8:30am-12pm
- This fundraiser will start our excitement for SPRING SHOW! Each of the participants will have an opportunity to perform during the Spring Show.
- This Friday, Legacies will go to our feeder elementary/middle schools and begin the promotion of this event.
- Please be sure to share with any friends, family, and neighbors who have dancers in grades K-9.
- Committees will remain the same as those used in the fall and those who have volunteered will be contacted to serve on a committee.
Spring Show: APRIL 19, 20, & 21 @ 7pm
- This is the Largest fundraiser of our year!
- Posters will be shared throughout the community, but we need your help in spreading the word to all you know.
- Keep your eyes open for sign ups in April as it takes the Legacy family to make this event a success.
- Spring Show Programs Order Form Ads final submission is Wednesday, March 7. This is the final day for any ad orders to be accepted. Be sure to complete all three steps: complete Order form, payment, and email digital pics. If you would love to see your beautiful Legacy in the program please click on the link below.
Past Board Member: Cheryl Doerr
Mark your Calendars!
EOY BANQUET - MAY 14th 7-10pm
Coming in March
- 3/1 Line Try Out Mandatory Meeting @ 7pm (parent & student)
- 3/8 Officer Try Out Mandatory Meeting @ 7pm (parent & student)
- 3/12-16 SPRING BREAK - RELAX & ENJOY!
- 3/23 & 3/24 MA Nationals at Ft Worth Convention
Coming in April...
- 4/7 Spring Dance Clinic 8:30am-12:00pm
- 4/14 Saturday - Spring Show rehearsal
- 4/17 Spring Show Technical Rehearsal w/Booster meal provided
- 4/18 Spring Show Dress Rehearsal w/Booster meal provided
- 4/19, 20, 21 SPRING SHOW @ 7pm WHS Auditorium
- 4/24, 25, 26 Line Tryout Clinics @ 4:30-6:30pm WHS Gym
- 4/27 Line Try Outs @ 5-9pm *approx. end time
*Stay up to date with the latest calendar please CLICK on link below for 2018 Calendar and select month.
Get Connected - Stay Connected!
Get Connected - Stay Connected
Get Connected - Stay Connected
President - email@example.com
1st VP - firstname.lastname@example.org
2nd VP - email@example.com
Secretary - firstname.lastname@example.org
Treasurer - Kmeiss27@gmail.com
Past Board Member - email@example.com
Visit the Wakeland Legacy Line Website: whslegacyline.com/
Stay connected by following our Legacies:
Facebook @Wakeland High School Legacy Line Drill Team
Youtube Channel: WHS Legacy Line YouTube
Photos: SmugMug Gallery