First Aid and Safety
Some dangerous poisons include
Most poisons are in household items though, some include
How to treat poisoning : If a harmful substance has splashed onto their skin or clothes, remove any contaminated items and wash the affected area thoroughly with warm or cool water, if they had eaten a poisonous substance try to get them to spit out the substance until medical help arrives.
- Bleeding is what your body naturally does after a wound occurs to help prevent infections.
- Symptoms of severe bleeding
- -A sudden severe headache.
- -Weakness in an arm or leg.
- -Nausea or vomiting.
- -Decreased alertness; lethargy.
- -Changes in vision.
- -Tingling or numbness.
- -Difficulty speaking or understanding speech.
- How to treat bleeding:
- Stop Bleeding. Apply direct pressure on the cut or wound with a clean cloth, tissue, or piece of gauze until bleeding stops.
- Clean Cut or Wound. Gently clean with soap and warm water.
- Protect the Wound. Apply antibiotic cream to reduce risk of infection and cover with a sterile bandage
- Call medical help if needed
-First degree burns affect only the outer layer of the skin. They cause pain, redness, and swelling.
-Second Degree Burns affect both the outer and underlying layer of skin. They cause pain, redness, swelling, and blistering.
-Third Degree Burns affect the deep layers of skin involving destruction of the skin through the deep layers of the skin, loss of fluid, and sometimes shock.
-Fourth Degree Burn additionally involves injury to deeper tissues, such as muscle, tendons, or bone.
There is 5 main types of burns:
-Electrical Burn is a burn that results from electricity passing through the body causing rapid injury.
-Chemical Burns occur when your skin or eyes come into contact with an irritant, such as an acid or a base
- Fire Burns undergo rapid combustion or consume fuel in such a way as to give off heat, gases, and, usually, light.
-Scalds are an injury with very hot liquid or steam.
-A Radiation Burn is damage to the skin or other biological tissue caused by exposure to radiation.
Heat and Cold Related Illnesses.
Common heat illnesses:
Common Cold Illnesses:
With cold illnesses it is important to
-Get person out wet clothes
-Rewarm the person
-Have person drink something.