Cobb Middle School Weekly News
December 7 - 11
Coming Up This Week
- Recycled book crafting before and after school in the Cobb Library, now through 12/17. Details on the Cobb Library website.
- 6th Grade AIM For Success Parent Program, 6:00-7:30 p.m., Library
- DEAR BELL SCHEDULE (view all bell schedules)
- Library Cocoa Party for students who completed the Thanksgiving Break 500 Minute Challenge (Invitations have been sent through ILA class), 7:55-8:15 a.m., Library
- Tech Theater Field Trip to A Christmas Carol, 8:30 a.m.- 2:00 p.m., AT&T Performing Arts
- Spelling Bee participant meeting, 12:54-1:24 p.m., Cafe
- Beginning Band Dress Rehearsal, 3:45-5:00 p.m., Band Hall
- Tennis Practice Match vs. Griffin, 4:30 p.m., WHS
- Superintendent Talks with Jeremy Lyon, 8:00-9:00 a.m., WHS Library (SEE BELOW)
- Student-led bible study, 3:40-4:15 p.m., B123
- Cross Country Meet, 4:30-5:30 p.m., Warren Sports Complex
- Choir Social, 4:45-9:00 p.m., Main Event
- Band Winter Concert, 6:30-8:30 p.m., WHS
- TWISTER BELL SCHEDULE
- Choir Performance at Corbell and Carroll, 7:30-10:45 a.m.
- Chili's Spirit Day, 10:45 a.m.-10:30 p.m., Eldorado & Tollway location (BRING THE FLYER BELOW OR TELL THEM YOU'RE FROM COBB!)
- NJHS Holiday Party, 3:45-4:45 p.m., C105
- 7th & 8th Grade Boys Basketball vs. Vandeventer, 5:30-8:30 p.m., Cobb Gyms
- 7th & 8th Grade Girls Basketball vs. Vandeventer, 5:30-8:30 p.m., VMS
- Cobb Music Performance at Fisher Elementary, 7:30-8:15 a.m.
- 6th Grade Aim For Success Student Program
- 8th Grade Career Day and initial HS 4 Year Planning
- 7th grade Girls Basketball CCMS Hoopfest Tournament, Faubion MS, McKinney
- 7th grade Girls Basketball CCMS Hoopfest Tournament, Ereckson MS, Allen
Save the Dates
- 12/12 - 7th grade Girls Basketball CCMS Hoopfest Tournament, Faubion MS, McKinney
- 12/12 - 7th grade Girls Basketball CCMS Hoopfest Tournament, Ereckson MS, Allen
- 12/12 - Orchestra Performance at Prairie Hill nursing home, 2:30 p.m.
- 12/14 - Science Fair Boards Due
- 12/14 - Cobb Spelling Bee, 4:00-6:00 p.m., Cafe
- 12/14-12/18 - 8th Graders and counselors enter 4 Year Plans into HAC
- 12/15 - Art Club, 3:45-4:45 p.m., B120
- 12/15 - Choir Holiday Concert, 6:00-8:00 p.m., Griffin MS
- 12/16 - Staff Meeting, 3:50-4:50 p.m., Library (NO AFTERNOON TUTORIALS)
- 12/16 - Cross Country Meet, 4:30-5:30 p.m., Warren Sports Complex
- 12/17 - 7th & 8th Grade Boys Basketball vs. Pearson, 5:30-8:30 p.m., Cobb Gyms
- 12/17 - 7th & 8th Grade Girls Basketball vs. Pearson, 5:30-8:30 p.m., PMS
- 12/17 - Orchestra Cluster Concert, 7:00-9:00 p.m., WHS
- 12/18 - Talent Show applications due in front office
- 12/21 - Winter Break Begins
- 12/28-12/29 Open Gym for basketball players, 8:00-10:00 a.m., Both Gyms
- 1/4/16 - Back to School!
No Cash for School Related Purchases - A reminder that all school purchases such as field trips, yearbooks, electronic device violation fees, replacement student ID cards, etc. should be made using your student's MyPaymentsPlus account (see page 10 of the Cobb MS Student Handbook Addendum).
Superintendent Talks - Superintendent of Schools Dr. Jeremy Lyon, along with a member of the Frisco ISD Board of Trustees, will be hosting coffee talks throughout the school year at each of the FISD high schools. The next one is scheduled for Wednesday, December 9, from 8-9 a.m. in the Wakeland HS library. Any parent is invited, however, as each one is held, we will draw more attention to it among the families who live within the zone of that particular high school. There is no agenda or topic, just a time for informal conversation with District leaders. Coffee will be provided.
6th Grade Parents only – If your student has received any immunizations over this past holiday, or is planning to get some over the Winter Break, please send an updated record to the school. We will be looking into getting ready for next year during the second semester, but you can always update our records now. Thank you for helping us stay up-to-date!
From Nurse Hodgkiss - We are starting to see an increase in GI (stomach) illnesses. Our numbers are relatively low (<5% of our population), but it is a good time to remind everyone of the Guidelines for keeping students home.
- Vomiting two or more times in 24 hours, please keep your student home. A student should have one or two meals without vomiting before returning to school. Your child may be sent home from school for vomiting one time.
- Diarrhea (3 or more episodes of loose stools in 24 hours) needs to stay home. A student must be diarrhea free for 24 hours without the use of diarrhea suppressing medications.
- Temperature of 100 degrees or above needs to stay home. A child must have temperature below 100 degrees for 24 hours before returning to school without taking a fever reducing medication.
Please help us keep our community as healthy as possible. Thank you!
Student Portal: - The easiest way to access all student online resources, including the Home Access Center and the Student Learning Hub, is to go to: http://portal.friscoisd.org. Bookmark it in your favorite browser on your phone or computer today! CLICK HERE to learn more.
Volunteering and Background Checks - If you plan to volunteer in any capacity at Cobb this school year, including PTA events and field trips, you are required to submit a background check through Frisco ISD. It is quick and easy and must be completed EVERY SCHOOL YEAR. Click here to get it done right now! Please read the instructions carefully and be sure you fill out the form correctly or your approval may be delayed.
Lost and Found - The Lost and Found is located along the back wall of the cafeteria. All misplaced items of clothing, lunchboxes, pencil bags, etc. should be brought to this location if found. However, lost phones, tablets, jewelry or other valuables should be turned into Mrs. Mecom in the Assistant Principals' office. Unclaimed items in the Lost and Found will be donated at the end of each six-week marking period.