The 4C's in the Classroom
What are the 4C's?
- Critical Thinking & Problem Solving
- Creativity & Innovation
- You have 3 minutes to build a 3-Dimensional Lego structure.
- Collaborate with your group to build it.
- The tallest structure wins.
What's the difference between Collaboration and Communication?
How do we define collaboration?
Collaboration can be defined in many ways, but P21 defines collaboration as follows:
Collaborate with Others
- Demonstrate ability to work effectively and respectfully with diverse teams
- Exercise flexibility and willingness to be helpful in making necessary compromises to accomplish a common goal
- Assume shared responsibility for collaborative work, and value the individual contributions made by each team member
National Education Association. (2014). Preparing 21st Century Students for a Global Society, 14. NEA Education Policy and Practice Department. Accessed March, 4, 2014.
Clarity BrightBytes Data for MHS
Discussion: How do we integrate Collaboration into the Classroom?
Are there ways that you could use collaboration to enhance classroom projects?