Cub Scouts - Pack 18
November - December 2015
- November 7 - Leadership training
- November 7 - Monster Trucks!
- November 11 - Veteran's Day parade
- November 17 - Pack meeting
- November 17 - Bring medical forms for December tubing to the Pack meeting (see below)
- November 19 - Wild Beast Feast (Recharter paperwork and membership fees submitted).
- November 21 - Scouting for food
- December 5th - Christmas parade
- December 12th - Pack tubing
- Snowcapades ?????
Leadership Training - November 7th
If you are a leader, or will be a leader, sign up for BSA leadership training. Cost is $5 and is worth your while. Location is still unknown to me but will be made know soon. Trainings include Den leader (tiger, wolf, bear, webelos), committee chair, committee member, cub master and scout master training.
Time: 8:30 AM
Location: Community Presbyterian Church in Redmond (downstairs) - (529 NW 19th St, Redmond, OR 97756) - Right side of the parking lot, come down the hill and into the basement door on the north side of the building.
Monster Trucks - November 7th
If you are still interested, you can still get tickets for the monster truck event on November 7th. It will cost you the handling fee, but you can still get the tickets. http://registration.familyevents.com/fasttrack/reg/reg_p1_form.aspx?oc=10&ct=TXT&eventid=5580
Those that paid at the Pack meeting, I will have the tickets at the event starting at 5:30. If you are coming later, call my cell at 541-330-1521 and I will come out to find you. BRING EAR PROTECTION and be in uniform. This is scout night.
Veteran's Day Parade - November 11th
A great event for scouts. With scouts being a patriotic organization, this is a good way to reinforce the positive attributes of being a scout. Come supports our vets by being in full uniform (shirts tucked in, hats on, neckerchiefs straight, ect). We salute the vets and say thanks. Have a jacket/coat under your uniform.
Scouts to meet at the NW corner of Oregon and Wall (across from Goodies) at 10:30am. Please be on time.
November Pack meeting - November 17
November Pack meeting is early this month because of Thanksgiving (TURKEY DAY). Come to Nativity Lutheran Church at 6:30.
At this Pack meeting we need to have everyone bring their medical forms in that plan on participating at the December tubing event (assuming we have snow). Medical forms can be downloaded at http://www.scouting.org/scoutsource/HealthandSafety/ahmr.aspx. BSA Medical forms are good for only 1 year, so it doesn't matter if you turned in one earlier. The nice thing about getting them done now is that we will have them on file for the summer/den activities for the summer.
Scouting for Food - November 21st
Christmas Parade - December 5th
The Christmas Parade is coming up on December 5th. At the Pack meeting we showed there being interest so we are moving forward. I talked to one of the parents and they said they could find up a flat bed trailer. Cool!!!
Watch your emails for further information.
Mark your calendars and plan on being there.
Webelos Boy Scout Troop Visit
Pack 18's Webelos 2 den is visiting the following Troops at the following dates/times:
Troop 23: November 10th @ 7pm at Eastmont Church
Troop 18: November 30th @ 7pm at Nativity Church
Troop 25: TBD
Webelos 1 den is welcome to come along with the Webelos 2 den in their visits. These visits are intended to educate the scouts as well as the parents in learning what the Boy Scouts do. With that said, boys that come need to have parents there too.
Pack 18 Tubing
We are doing it again!! If we have snow....
On December 12th we will meet at Mt. Bachelor for a Pack tubing event. Scouts will be paid for by the Pack. Mark your calendar and come ready. If we don't have snow, we'll figure out another time to do it or do another event.
In order to participate, we need your medical forms. https://search.yahoo.com/search?fr=mcafee&type=C011US0D20141130&p=BSA+medical+forms Please bring these to the November meeting. If you show up to the event without your medical form, the Pack will not pay for your participation.
Snowcapdes ... Interested?
I sent out an email and one received 1 email response. Not great interest.... If you are interested, send me an email ASAP telling me what weekend works the best for you ( Jan. 16th, Jan. 23rd, Jan. 30th). I will need fees submitted to me at the November Pack meeting (November 17th). Cost is $18 per scout and $15 per adult (lunch included). See email sent out on October 30th.
Commitee meeting notes
Webelos Cross Over / Blue and Gold:
- Books plus plaques like last year for boys crossing over
- BBQ for blue and gold, Christian and Eric will get grills there
- Rachel will purchase pinewood derby cars from scout store for boys. Number of cars needed to be provided to her after recharter. Kits to be given to the boys in December.
- Den leaders should have money they can spend on activities, to be decided, Christian will look at money taken in and money spent and see what is left with, so that we can decide on what money we have for Dens
- OK for Mike to take Zach's money that he sold for door to door popcorn to new pack with him, as we do not have anyone else for a wolf den
- Deadline for Christmas parade is Nov 18, need to decide at pack meeting on 10\27, announce at pack meeting and get sign up for volunteers if anyone wants to do it
- Need better attendance at the Nativity service day
- Scouting for food coming up, we are doing Foxborough, Sun Meadow and the new Hidden Hills area, collecting on 11/21, so flyers distributed by den the week before
- November 7th is next training, Russ and Eric should probably do it as cubmaster and committee chair respectively, Chris will send along info
- Spring BALOO training again if you want to take Den to camp
- Recharter is Tuesday, so all Den leaders need to have money to Russ or Christian by then
$24 for adult and boy each (if adult is registered), also need to do youth protection
$10 for each boy goes right to pack to help with advancements etc
Pack Committee - Thanks to ALL our leaders!
Committee Chairman - Russ White
Cubmaster - Chris Henningsen
Treasurer - Christian Benedict
Advancement Chair - Rachel Cantrell
Fundraiser Chair - Curt Schrank
Secretary - Eric Spinney
Activities Chair - Wendy Schrank & Kim Hughes
Wolf Den Leader - Mike Hollibaugh
Bear Den Leader - Michelle White
Webelos 1 Den Leader - Christian Benedict
Webelos 2 Den Leader - Chris Henningsen
In January 2016, the following leadership changes are occurring....
Cubmaster - From Chris Henningsen to Russ White
Committee Chair - From Russ White to Eric Spinney
Secretary - From Eric Spinney to Kerry Spinney & Kim Mancuso