Meadow Brook Magic
Week 10: Oct 22nd-Nov 2nd
Mighty Mustang Students-of-the-Month
Mustang Monday Message
We enjoyed sitting down with all of you during SEPs! It truly takes parents, students, and teachers working together to best meet the needs of our students— Thank you for taking the time to come!
We are grateful to the many volunteers that ran our Book Fair! The money earned during the book fair helps buy books for the library and for individual students.
We are excited for Halloween this week and welcome all of you to attend our parade on Wednesday at 2:30 on the grass field behind our school.
Enjoy your Halloween!
* Oct 22nd-Nov 9th: PTA Clothing Drive
*Oct 29th—Nov 2nd Health & Safety Week
* Wednesday, Oct 31st: Halloween Parade @2:30 outside on the field (see map below for where your students will be standing.)
*Friday, Nov 2nd: Walk-to-school day, 2:00 Ballet West School-Wide Assembly
*Monday, Nov 5th: Evacuation Drill @1:30, Steve James Assembly @10, After School Clubs Begin
*Monday, Nov 12th: Veteran's Day Assembly— All Veterans welcome @10 a.m.
After School Clubs Starting Next Week
1. Tuesdays: Harry Potter Club with Miss Christensen from 3:25-4:15 for 3rd-6th grade students ($5 fee)
2. Tuesdays: STEAM Club with Ms. Craner from 3:25-4:15 for K-2nd grade students ($5 fee)
3. Wednesday: Spanish Club with Mrs. Stoddard from 3:25-4:15 for K-2nd grade students ($5 fee)
4. Wednesday: Spanish Club with Mrs. Ramirez from 3:25-4:15 for 3rd-6th grade students ($5 fee)
5. Thursday: Choir Club with Mrs. Welsch from 3:25-4:15 for 3rd-6th grade students ($20 fee).
Health & Safety Week
Wednesday: PTA will pass out glow sticks for students to use during trick-or-treating
Friday: Walk-to-School Day (for students that ride the bus, or get dropped off, PTA will have an obstacle course for students to participate in)
Safety Kit: PTA will again be gathering a simple safety kit with a family pic, comfort letter, and emergency information, a few snacks in a ziplock bag. If you would like to participate in this exercise, send the kit to your child's teacher and they will store them in case of an emergency situation.
Halloween Parade @2:30 outside on the grass field
CLOTHING DRIVE Oct 23rd-Nov 9th
We ask that you donate clothing only. No shoes, toys, or household items. The clothing can be any size as long as it is clean and in good condition. The clothing will be donated to charity and the school will receive money back for every pound of clothing donated.
I hear these speakers are excellent & the event is free.
Lunch with family!
Last Week's Adventures
We are grateful for the many wonderful volunteers that make our school great!
Principal Mustang Club Winners
Box Tops Collections
Box Tops has a daily sweepstakes (sometimes more than one going at a time) for earning extra cash for the school. All that is required is an account on the Box Tops website. The website is https://www.boxtops4education.com/earn/sweepstakes. One of our parents earned us $250 in the summer of 2017 for her efforts of entering the sweepstakes.