From the Desk of Dr. Sladek
Week of April 17th - 21st
What's Happening This Week:
Book Fair & Grandparents Day(s) Week at Truman Elementary!
Monday: C Day. Girls on the Run [FAMILY PRACTICE!].
Tuesday: D Day. STEAM Club Session 3. Souls in Motion Free Exercise Class 7:00-8:00pm.
Wednesday: A Day. K & 1st Grandparents Book Fair Morning 8-9am. MVR3 Board Meeting 6:00pm.
Thursday: B Day. 2nd & 3rd Grandparents Book Fair Morning 8-9am. Souls in Motion Free Exercise Class 7:00-8:00pm.
Friday: C Day. 4th & Make Up Grandparents Book Fair Morning 8-9am.
Saturday: Truman's Trip Around Town 9-11am!
Truman Elementary Book Fair Week:
Next week will be our spring book fair!
- Monday C day classes will come and do wish lists AND do their shopping.
- Tuesday D day classes will do their wish lists AND their shopping.
- Wednesday is Grandparent breakfast for kindergarten and 1st grade.
- Thursday is Grandparent breakfast for 2nd grade and 3rd grade.
- Friday is Grandparent breakfast for 4th grade and anyone who didn't or weren't able to attend the Wednesday or Thursday date.
- All breakfast events are 8-9 and in our cafeteria (park on the side of our building in the upper lot and walk down to enter through door 9! (Please use caution when entering the building as we will still be having our normal arrival and dismissal at the same time.)
- If a grandparent is not available and your child would still like someone special or you to attend that is completely fine.
- There will be work hung up around the cafeteria for every single student be sure to find your students BEST WORK! All work has a label with their name, teacher and grade, as well as, will be up hung up in groupings by grade and class to help searching for their work easier!
Truman's Trip Around Town
Here is a sneak peak at what to expect the day of:
- More information will be handed out the morning of the event when you 'check in' at the front entrance of Truman Elementary.
- All participants will earn a prize for solving the mystery message after making all 8 pillar stops at local businesses!
Teacher & Staff Appreciation Week
Teachers & Staff at Truman Elementary make our school Happy & Bright!!!
As I am preparing for Teacher & Staff Appreciation Week (May 1st-5th) I wanted to reach out for some help. I will sending home a flyer for simple ideas of how students and families can celebrate in your own ways that week as we get closer to that week.
However as I start to prep on my end I am asking for GIFT CARD DONATIONS. I will be celebrating these selfless, hard working, dedicated, caring, kind, and resilient staff through various avenues during their special week.
One way I will celebrate is by having little games and surprise give aways... it would be way more fun if they could enjoy the games and have a sweet little prize for winning other than bragging rights and post-its or pens haha!
If you are able and willing please send a gift card in the amt of $5.00 - $20.00 to the office.
Gift card ideas:
- Gas Stations
- Spa (Salon, Manicure, Pedicure, Massage)
- Grocery Store
- Book Stores
- Movie Theaters
- Coffee Shops
Thank you for helping to make this years Teacher & Staff Appreciation Week a success! Your help and support is greatly appreciated.
Pacific Youth Soccer Association
Agape House Resource
Dates to keep on your radar:
- 4/17 - 4/21 Spring Book Fair Week
- 4/19 - Kdg & 1st Grade Grandparent Bookfair Visit
- 4/20 2nd & 3rd Grade Grandparent Bookfair Visit
- 4/21 4th Grade & Any Make-Ups Grandparent Visit
- 4/19 MVR3-III Board Meeting
- 4/22 Truman's Trip Around Town Event
- 4/24 PTO Meeting
***GOTR Practice every Monday & Wednesday 3:45-4:45
***STEAM Club Session 3 every Tuesday 3:45-4:45
Weekly Reminder from me to you:
Principal - Truman Elementary